• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The fiasco!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the Muppet in me is alive and well. I drove to a place and on arrival promptly realized I had forgotten the caps 🙄😟.
Turned around and went back for the caps. I controlled the anger and just enjoyed the ride.
So when I got back to the hunting ground first light had long gone. The cool north wind suits this place and the bright sun would have the rabbits out.
Sure enough it wasn't long and I had one in thick cover right in front of me but it disappeared down a burrow. It was as I was moving to the next stalk that I bumped into a buck rabbit running a doe. They stopped no more than 12 yards away in thick cover. The bright sunlight highlighting the cover so much so I could not see the bucks head except for that near orange patch at the back of the head so the sights settled on that and the trigger broke.
When the smoke cleared I thought I had missed but then I saw some brash twitch a few times, rabbit down.
IMG_20201224_103351.jpg

This place is covered with pheasants. Its tragic how this little piece of land sits between two large estates with large pheasant shoots 😊.
The little 45 hurls 3/4oz of shot amazingly well. This pheasant I stalked into was hiding from me, I thought he had split on me but then from no where he erupted. The smoothrifle swung through and stopped the bird instantly at near 30yds.
IMG_20201224_115119.jpg

Remember those bullets I've been wanting shot of? Well I tried again with them today.
20201224_120517.jpg

Well just like as in the trade gun they were pathetic in the .45 also. First five and then seven were loaded and they are just wild. Good for crowd dispersal maybe but not hunting! Oh well, they were bugging me and now they are gone.
A good few hours out in the winter sun and welcome change from all the rain.
20201224_111245.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

B.

I know it’s the hare and rabbit thing but I’m always impressed with the size of your bunnies. They seem at least as big as three of the bunnies I hunt locally. As big as the jack rabbit I avoided as a kid as I have eaten a few but never developed a taste for jack.
We have the snowshoe and the swamp rabbit as big as yours but not seen in this area.
Bring a few over here and I’ll go on a hunt, together we can make some rabbit with hare stuffing 😊

Well the Muppet in me is alive and well. I drove to a place and on arrival promptly realized I had forgotten the caps 🙄😟.
Turned around and went back for the caps. I controlled the anger and just enjoyed the ride.
So when I got back to the hunting ground first light had long gone. The cool north wind suits this place and the bright sun would have the rabbits out.
Sure enough it wasn't long and I had one in thick cover right in front of me but it disappeared down a burrow. It was as I was moving to the next stalk that I bumped into a buck rabbit running a doe. They stopped no more than 12 yards away in thick cover. The bright sunlight highlighting the cover so much so I could not see the bucks head except for that near orange patch at the back of the head so the sights settled on that and the trigger broke.
When the smoke cleared I thought I had missed but then I saw some brash twitch a few times, rabbit down.
View attachment 55686
This place is covered with pheasants. Its tragic how this little piece of land sits between two large estates with large pheasant shoots 😊.
The little 45 hurls 3/4oz of shot amazingly well. This pheasant I stalked into was hiding from me, I thought he had split on me but then from no where he erupted. The smoothrifle swung through and stopped the bird instantly at near 30yds.
View attachment 55690
Remember those bullets I've been wanting shot of? Well I tried again with them today.
View attachment 55691
Well just like as in the trade gun they were pathetic in the .45 also. First five and then seven were loaded and they are just wild. Good for crowd dispersal maybe but not hunting! Oh well, they were bugging me and now they are gone.
A good few hours out in the winter sun and welcome change from all the rain.
View attachment 55692
Hope you enjoy.

B.
Thanks for sharing!!!

those are big bunnies. my son while going though high school hunted cotton tails a lot. dressed them out and my wife deep fried them. he ate a lot of rabbit back then.

Back