• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Edge of Madness

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! I broke that streak in the last contest! I'm starting a new 1st place streak!! Watch out!!! :grin:

Well, I sent mine this evening. :surrender: I felt I owed it to myself since I lit the fire for this one. I'll be down the list a bit.:cursing: I've recounted the rest of the rules; I'd forgotten but was reinformed by my shooting pals. The original target had a 1" framing to it. Breaking/touching the line counted as 0 and inside the line was -5. The match was a money target at a local rendezvous from some years back. 50% to the winner, 25% to second and the club got the other 25%. They charged $3 for initial entry and 2$ to re-enter and you gave up your previous score. Some other clubs used a variation of it and it's mutated out. But as some may have realized it is a nightmare to shoot.:idunno: I hope all have had fun and shot a bunch of powder. Let me know how your sleep is going! LOL :rotf: :applause: :applause:

Yup. That 1 inch border line woulda made things just a bit more interesting.
Next time... :wink:

Time is up and The Results Are In!

Your winner is..... Deadeye, shootin' with a .52 smoothbore flinter. 1 on the edge, 4 on the paper, with 4 touching, for a total of 88 points. Nice group! Grats Deadeye! :hatsoff:

In second place is the instigator of all this madness, Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell, 3 on the edge, 2 in the paper, with 2 touching for a total of 72. Not bad. :thumbsup:

For 3rd and 4th place, we have a tie. 1 on the edge, 4 in the paper, with 3 touching. Total of 66 each for Grey Whiskers and Buripity. You guys shoot together too much. :haha:

Jim/OH placed 5th with 2 on the edge, 3 in the paper and 2 just barely touching. Total of 58.

Swampy came in 6th with all 5 in the paper and 2 touching for a total of 30.

And Pete D scored a 22 with one on the edge, 4 in the paper, none touching.

Thanks to Mad Irish Jack for suggesting this one. :hatsoff: Next time we'll do the border rule. :wink:
And thanks to everyone for playing. I hope you had fun shootin' this one. :hatsoff:

Congrats to everyone. It was a fun shoot but also a tough one with a lot of luck required to win.
Deadeye

Jethro224 said:
Total of 66 each for Grey Whiskers and Buripity. You guys shoot together too much. :haha:

I told Grey Whiskers to stop placing his targets under mine and shoot his own! :blah:

Glad y'all enjoyed it. :v I hope no one is out hunting for me.:surrender: I almost didn't get to shoot a target. My Mother in Law passed away mid-July and my wife is handling all the affairs as her fathers been gone for three years. But we got through it and are moving on. :hatsoff:

Buripity said:
Jethro224 said:
Total of 66 each for Grey Whiskers and Buripity. You guys shoot together too much. :haha:

I told Grey Whiskers to stop placing his targets under mine and shoot his own! :blah:

Actually, I shot thru the same holes you made just to prove that I could. :bull: :wink:

Sounds like a likely story to me. Jethro's right--you guys shoot together too much. Learning bad habits from each other. :grin: Had a good time with this one. A lot harder than I first thought. :surrender: Well fifth is not too bad I guess. Thanks for the match Jethro. Won't be able to get in the next two (don't have the right guns), but I'm sure you'll come up with something else I can get into. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

I coulda beat Grey Whiskers and Buripity if I took my .58 but I figured I'd give everyone a chance by taking an unfarmilar gun and shootin this one. :blah: :haha:

Jim/OH said:
Sounds like a likely story to me. Jethro's right--you guys shoot together too much. Learning bad habits from each other. :grin:

Well, when you live in a town the size of Winton, it's slim pickins who ya shoot with. :grin:

I seem to recall that pistol of yours shoots purty darn good. :thumbsup:

Keep yer eye out for a pistol shoot coming up soon. :wink:

Latest posts

Back