• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Edge of Madness

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Y'all have Mad Irish Jack to blame for this idea.
EXTRA MULTIPLIER EDGE MATCH: Target is a sheet of 8.5 X 11" printer paper at 25 yards offhand. Shooter gets five shots at target paper. EACH hit COMPLETELY on target (Not breaking the edge) scores 3 (three) points. Any shot cutting the targets edge (ball mark on the target but breaks the edge) scores 10 (Ten)points. Bonus score is gained by the highest number of holes touching each other to multiply score. Two ball marks touching (or two sets of hits) multiplies score by two; three touching X 3 and so on. Scoring example: 1 on edge and 4 on the paper (with two and two touching) 22 points multiplied by 2 is 44 total, But 2 singles on the edge and one on the paper but it is touching a hit on the edge and 2 misses scores 23 points X 2 for a total score of 46.

No corner hits! Any corners missing from the target will count -5 points.

Any traditional muzzleloading long gun or handgun, rifled or smoothbore, firing a single projectile is allowed.
No cannons.

The target is a standard 8.5 x 11" sheet of printer paper.

Distance is 25 yards.

Shots are to be taken off-hand.

Targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

High score determines the winner.

Judges decision is final.

Targets that have been mutilated will be disqualified.

All Muzzleloadingforum members are eligible to participate.

Members screen name must be written on their target.(So we know who won. )

One entry per member.

Multiple targets may be submitted in the same envelope to save postage if more than one member shoots in the same group.

Targets must be received by August 10, 2010 to be eligible.

Targets received after August 10, 2010 will be disqualified.

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe! :hatsoff:

Mail entries to;
Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

After readin' the rules, I kin understand the "madness" moniker.
Y'know, with the Mt. Man contest, I had no trouble hittin the edge but now that I wanta do it......dunno about that.
Madness, sheer madness.
I'm in.
Pete

That's the way it goes Pete, when you want to hit the edge you can't to save your life... :thumbsup: ok Jethro, I'm in too. This sounds like fun. Have to get out the calculator to figure the score, or do you do that for us?? :hmm: Anyway I'll give it a try. :grin:

Thanks, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Shoot 'em up and send 'em in. I'll do the calculatin'. :youcrazy: :youcrazy: :youcrazy: :haha:

Good! Thats just way too much to think about for me. :rotf: This'll give me a reason to sight in my new .54!

Jethro224 said:
Shoot 'em up and send 'em in. I'll do the calculatin'. :youcrazy: :youcrazy: :youcrazy: :haha:
Yer gonna have to, I think i hurt my brain tryin to figger that out. :shocked2:
Should be no problem hitting the edges, just aim for the center, right?

So a maximum score would be 5 shots on an edge, all shots touching, for a score of 5x5x10=250?

This could get interesting in a hurry.....

Yep possible top score of 250 with 5 balls touching and all breaking the edge without touching the corners. Good luck. :grin:

Well Jethro, I shot my target yesterday, will get it in the mail Monday. And I can tell without adding it up I didn't come anywhere near 250 points. :grin: But it was an interesting challange anyway. :surrender: We'll see how this plays out. :thumbsup:

You only think you're confused! Wait 'til I try and do all the math, then you'll see some real confusion! :rotf:

Jim/OH said:
Well Jethro, I shot my target yesterday, will get it in the mail Monday. And I can tell without adding it up I didn't come anywhere near 250 points. :grin: But it was an interesting challange anyway. :surrender: We'll see how this plays out. :thumbsup:

I kinda doubt there'll be too many 250 scores posted. :haha:

Yeah Swampy, got yours and Jim/OH. :thumbsup:
Looks like the magic 250 is still safe. :wink:

Yes, no doubt about that if everyone shoots like I did. Not even close to 250. Well, Swampy, so far we are first and second. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back