The "Anyone winter camping?"<-- Winter camping, Winter camping ideas, photos, plans... Please read 1st post before posting.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Brother, I’m fine with a bar of soap , a wash rag. , dish pan & some clear creek water. Add a little fire and I’m good too go..

Funny thing I’ve noticed, when it’s really cold out.....I stay clean longer! 🤣

Kansas Kid

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Done two nights last weekend in my 7x7 pyramid , it only got down to the high 20s at night. Managed to get a spider bite at night. Photos are not showing up at the moment, maybe later.

Last edited:

smoothshooter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Sometimes a thread is irrevocably lost to a different discussion. People just want to talk about the other thing more than the original topic, "Anyone winter camping?" seems to have gone that road.
That's fine, these things happen, but I want to have a thread that is about Winter Camping. So I thought I would let those who want to have the other talk have that thread, and start fresh here.

If you would be so kind, please allow this thread to (as much as possible) Stay on the topic of Winter Camping. Thanks Sean

So!
Who has gotten in a winter camp this year?

Who is still planning one?
Apparently, no one.
Winter camp photos?

kje54

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Carb loading is too slow and inefficient. We used to take a swig of cooking oil (gross I know) and eat half a Hershey bar just before crawling into the tent.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend this exact practice, but, following the high calorie, low carb/high easily digestible fat, model, might be worth a try.

And before anyone starts in on me,,, the "lipid theory" has been disproved over and over again.
Please don't ruin Sean's second attempt at this topic with a bunch of, "what about cholesterol/your arteries," nonsense.
Mountain climbers do it with a lot more flavor, they add melted butter to hot cocoa before going to bed.