The Alamo cannon

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Eutycus

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Noticed on some of the pictures. The flags were at half staff. Do they always fly them that way at the Alamo?

Eutycus

58 Cal.
Reaction score
The only one I can think of recently who passed away was John Paul Stevens. The ex-supreme court justice. They do this "half staff" thing too often. It's not a rare thing like it once was. It really should be for very special occasions.

Eutycus

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I just forwarded some of this info to my brother, the Aggie. A+M did restore the cannon didn't they?

Eutycus

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll see if my niece can forward this short video to my brother the Aggie. He'd appreciate it.For those not from around here , Aggie is slang for someone who attends or has attended Texas A+M University. I think I read in this thread that A+M helped restore this cannon. Plus I can't send pictures or videos on this tablet. I'm ignorant of A lot of "tech" stuff. Pictures and videos are done on the smart phone. And this tablet sends pictures sideways for some reason.

Eutycus

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Thumbs up, this has been a very Educational Thread. I'm proud to have been a part of it.

Eutycus

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Glad y'all have enjoyed this. I certainly have. Now it's time to order something from Michael for yourself. :D
Sorry, I don't own a cannon that needs "fixen" but if I did I'd call on Michael. He's probably already well known in certain circles and I'm sure this Alamo Project made him even better known. It was a job well done. Thank You , this Texan appreciates any improvements done to or for the Alamo. Once again Thank You.!

GunnyGene

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't own a cannon that needs "fixen" but if I did I'd call on Michael. He's probably already well known in certain circles and I'm sure this Alamo Project made him even better known. It was a job well done. Thank You , this Texan appreciates any improvements done to or for the Alamo. Once again Thank You.!
He does make other things that might interest you. See this: https://www.jmelledge.com/ArtGalleryPieces.html

Latest posts