• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The .62 rifle took a 2022 deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intriguing. I did have it zeroed dead-on for 100 yards. It's that last 25 yards beyond that I need to figure out. It appears that the 335-grain lead ball is perfectly centered in the bullseye at 100 yards, and then drops like a cinder block a couple yards beyond that distance.

To get that 100 yard zero you are sending the ball on a higher trajectory (max ord) which robs it of some velocity, but also puts it on a more downward angle of flight as it hits the 100 yard target. A closer zero would give you a flatter trajectory.

But, .62’s all drop like a stone past 100 or so. Not the best choice for long range shooting.

To get that 100 yard zero you are sending the ball on a higher trajectory (max ord) which robs it of some velocity, but also puts it on a more downward angle of flight as it hits the 100 yard target. A closer zero would give you a flatter trajectory.

But, .62’s all drop like a stone past 100 or so. Not the best choice for long range shooting.
I intend to squeeze every last iota of 100 yard kills out of my aging eyes as I can. It makes me so very happy

Back