• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

The .62 is blooded

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamtnman

Hunt to Live
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
In the hinterlands of NW Clinton County today, tiptoeing through the wet leaves meant walking up to a young doe pawing for acorns and getting to wait for the perfect angle. The 335-grain ball put her right down. It did not pass through, so hopefully it can be recovered. A prior deer probably escaped unscathed, though despite the far distance between us I still can’t admit I missed her. We looked all over and did not find her, or blood or hair.
Anyhow, Wheland’s heavy bore stopping rifle worked great and was blooded today. It was exciting.
3C6ADAFB-2060-4372-8B91-92ECE8979AFD.jpeg

In the hinterlands of NW Clinton County today, tiptoeing through the wet leaves meant walking up to a young doe pawing for acorns and getting to wait for the perfect angle. The 335-grain ball put her right down. It did not pass through, so hopefully it can be recovered. A prior deer probably escaped unscathed, though despite the far distance between us I still can’t admit I missed her. We looked all over and did not find her, or blood or hair.
Anyhow, Wheland’s heavy bore stopping rifle worked great and was blooded today. It was exciting. View attachment 100175
:thumb:

Thank you, men. It feels good to know other people appreciate what makes us here tick inside.
This is my first percussion rifle, and what a huge difference it makes in any kind of damp weather.
When I returned to camp last night, a bear was poking around the back yard. So I’ll try to find it later today. It’s foggy out, so I’m house-bound until it clears up. I will report back to you all here.

Thank you, men. It feels good to know other people appreciate what makes us here tick inside.
This is my first percussion rifle, and what a huge difference it makes in any kind of damp weather.
When I returned to camp last night, a bear was poking around the back yard. So I’ll try to find it later today. It’s foggy out, so I’m house-bound until it clears up. I will report back to you all here.
Back straps tonight, bear chili tomorrow! That sounds like a great place to be! 😉Best of luck on that bear!

Back