• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

That Darn Ball of Yarn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Focus on the very tip top of the front sight. It will work wonders for you. See how the top high power rifle shooters shoot. Here's a hint....focus on the very top of the front sight post and only that. My eye sight is failing as well. I've had to revert back to my high power days. If you don't know what 'high power rifle' is, google Camp Perry and ar-15.

I was warned it would happen years ago after edging out some "senior" shooters in match play, and not by much. Well it's finally hit me, those once clearly defined bullseye targets have begun to appear as balls of yarn. I'm not getting nearly the groups I once did. How about you?
ThTs why I switched to shooting mostly smoothies.
If I hit I can give my ‘smooth bores require a lot of work and practice to get consistent results’ speech
When I miss I get to say, ‘it’s a smoothie, kinda like throwing rocks with your eyes shut, but still fun’ speech

This why I switched to shooting mostly smoothies.
If I hit I can give my ‘smooth bores require a lot of work and practice to get consistent results’ speech
When I miss I get to say, ‘it’s a smoothie, kinda like throwing rocks with your eyes shut, but still fun’ speech.
Ain't it the truth!:D

The botched shot excuse, I like it.

I once shot with a club that held formal monthly shoot. We had a regular who, almost without exception, would claim someone mistakenly shot his target, always a poor hit. As example, say it was a 5 shot 50 yard offhand match and when the targets were pulled he'd have 6 shots on his target he'd claim the poorest shot was attributed to someone else. Eventually the rest of the regular shooters agreed to all fire one shot at his target during one match. Didn't slow him down a bit, same behavior next shoot.

Back