• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanks all for having me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from Minnesota and thank you for having me! I got into historical reenactment a couple of years ago and have my first flintlock on the way. Have handled and shot them before, but this will be the first that I own. I ordered a set of castings from a circa 1740 turn off barrel Queen Anne from E.J. Blackley and son and am very excited about the project. I have already seen a wealth of information on here and look forward to learning more!

Welcome and keep us posted on yer new flinter! We all like PHOTOS!!

Welcome Jeff. Glad to have you here. Your project sounds like fun; keep us posted - photos, if you will, please.

I will be sure to do that. I grew up the son of a watchmaker, my grandfather owned a jewelry store, and my grandmother did the engraving work. So thankfully I grew up very detail oriented and have some experience with all of this. So I am not exactly a babe in the woods as it were. I have high confidences that my end result will turn out well.
Welcome. Those pistols sound interesting.
After doing some research and looking at what was available I really wasn't all that impressed by the pedersoli Queen Anne kit or any of the replica pieces offered elsewhere. The Rifle Shoppe had a set of castings as well, but I have heard some horror stories on wait times and they do not mate the breech face and barrel. And since I don't have a lathe handy it makes that task far more challenging.

Greetings from an ex Minesootan now in the North Carolina Mountains.
Well thank you and I hope you are enjoying the improvement of climate. You missed a good winter in this neck of the woods this year! Actually my father in law is currently in Aiken S. Carolina, but he and the misses are going to be moving to Greenville N. Carolina soon.

Latest posts

Back