• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Texas Hill Country Deer and Hog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segner05

32 Cal.
Reaction score
It's been a great Christmas break for putting some meat in the freezer.
Christmas Eve is when this fair doe presented a shot.
20151224_183527.jpg

She stood broadside at about 60 yards when I pulled the trigger. The ball passed through just behind the shoulder. She ran some 50-60 yards before she expired. She dressed out about 80 pounds.
Last night presented me with this...
imagejpeg_0.jpg

She ran up to the feeder (yes these animals where both shot under a deer feeder and I ask that this not turn into a discussion on rather or not that is "hunting". It's how the majority of hunting is done here.) with nine others in the sounder. She was broadside at about 40 yards when I took the shot. To my suprise she dropped in her tracks. The round ball entered behind the shoulder and exited through the shoulder blade on the other side.
Both animals where taken with my .54 GPR. The load was 80 grains of 3F, a .015" pillow ticking patch, and a .530" round ball.

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and hope for a great 2016 for all of y'all!

Perfect harvests for the table. I surely do not begrudge Texans using deer feeders. Things are just plain different there than they are here, and anything that helps in the general "swine jihad" is just the ticket.

Congratulations! You did well. :thumbsup: Enjoy the good eatin'.

As for the pigs, if you hunt them from a stealth fighter plane with an M61 Vulcan, you'd still get my vote. (We just couldn't talk about it here. :grin: )

Congrats on getting some good hunting in over the holidays! :hatsoff:

Richard Eames said:
And is that PC, you just did?

PC? No, but expeditious? You bet your booties, Bucko. When it comes to feral hogs, they can.....uh.....reproduce faster than you can shoot.

Back