• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Texas "Come And Take It" cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still drawing this out in CAD. It was near the end of the rental cycle for the software when I started. Got it drawn and wanted to modify the dimension text to see it better and it would not allow it. After a couple of weeks of the program having received funds I was working on a newly opened file and had no problems modifying text size. So I closed out the first cannon file and opened a new file for drawing the cannon. Everything is working as it should. Just one more reason I find computers and software suck.

I am trying to get the drawing to come together with proper radius lines and taper. With pencil and paper it's a five minute job.

I think today would be an appropriate day to reply to this thread. It's Texas Independence Day!
View attachment 202792
]
ReducedALAMOCannonCarriageNIGHTpic-607x455.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0765.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
There was a very interesting thread about that "blue cannon" here on this forum several years ago. Lotta history in that picture.

I just thought I'd add that today is March 6th, on this day in 1836 the Alamo fell. A beautiful ceremony was held at the Alamo at dawn. I got to see part of the "Alamo at dawn" ceremony on the San Antonio news. Some of the descendants of Davy Crockett were in attendance.I really wish I could have attended.

I would like to get some more dimensions and have attached a picture of where I have it so far in CAD

IMG_0806.JPG

a, what is the thickness
b, what is the thickness
c, what is the diametet at the beginning of the band at the 15 1/2" location
d, what is the diameter of the straight section
e, what is the length of the straight section before the radius begins

Thank you !

I would like to get some more dimensions and have attached a picture of where I have it so far in CAD

View attachment 204980

a, what is the thickness
b, what is the thickness
c, what is the diametet at the beginning of the band at the 15 1/2" location
d, what is the diameter of the straight section
e, what is the length of the straight section before the radius begins

Thank you !

A - 9/16"
B - 3/8"
C - 4 1/4"
D - not straight
E - not straight

From the rear of the breech ring to the rear of the cascabel is 4 1/2".
This is the best picture I have and how I interpret it. This picture is a better example than the earlier pictures in this thread.
DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0338.JPG

Back