• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Testing photo's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Bloke

32 Cal
Reaction score
o_1diho4tc3gbe1m7d73r122vdmba.jpeg
o_1diho4tc3gbe1m7d73r122vdmba.jpeg
Just testing uploading pic's.
Looks like I'm not so dumb afterall.
Mod's if this is wrong place can you move it, looked for test site found nothing. thanks.

the fellows on this forum have shown me that their pics of their weapons out in the woods against a tree or on a tree stump are far better than what I've done in the house with mine.

Old Bloke
Howdy...welcome to the wonderful wacky world of BP. You'll find about anything; and any information you need here from a fantastically intellectual bunch of craftsmen and folks who dang sure know their way around front stuffers.
God bless, and howdy again:
Two Feathers

OB, Welcome and you did good with the photos. Tell us about the rifle in the picture.
Well, I was doing my best to buy this as my first ML.
But, the big brother has suspended all gun sales so still in limbo.
Wont be able to do anything till the ban is lifted.:doh:
It's a Lyman Hawken .45 cal, supposed to be 3 stars, so should be in good
nick. Can't even pick up my 410 (naughty word ) that's paid for and
sitting in the LGS.
Just have to mess with those other naughty ones.o_O
Got plenty of reloading to do.

Whoa!!! Me thinks that Old Bloke (in post #13) misunderstood that Two Feathers comment (in post #10) was actually directed to Loyalist Dave's tongue-in-cheek's sarcastic remark (in post #9) about Old Bloke's photo having a smudge in the center resembling a rifle, and not to Old Bloke himself. I don't want Old Bloke to feel that he was being picked on here, when he wasn't, big shoulders or not. In any case, welcome Old Bloke!

And to Zonie, when in the world did you find the time to build all of those gorgeous rifles! You the man, dude!

Ack, I meant to put these photos in the Peep sights on my rifle thread.

I put a couple of peep sights on my rifles back when the old T/C Vernier tang sight was available and cheap.
IMG_0084.JPG

This rifle is a Franken "Hawken" with a T/C breech, lock, triggers and trigger guard, with a Sharon Barrel.

IMG_0090.JPG

This one had the T/C Vernier sight with the T/C globe front sight. Very similar to the Lyman sights.

The T/C kit rifle.

20140706_132523.jpg

You would loosen the threaded fastener as the back of the peep and adjust a set screw to the left of the sight for windage and tighten the screw at the back to lock windage in place.

Whoa!!! Me thinks that Old Bloke (in post #13) misunderstood that Two Feathers comment (in post #10) was actually directed to Loyalist Dave's tongue-in-cheek's sarcastic remark...

And to Zonie, when in the world did you find the time to build all of those gorgeous rifles! You the man, dude!
I built those rifles (and more) to take my mind off of my work when I got home from the office every day. I had a rather high stress job that took a lot of mental work so, it was a nice change when I got home to use my hands to build things.
Almost all of those were built from parts I bought from Pecatonica River Longrifles. Each one of them took at least 8 months of work to finish but that was OK with me. I didn't have enough money to buy several kits a year and I didn't build them to get something to shoot as soon as possible.

Each one of them was patterened after a orignal long rifle using photographs of the old guns for reference. I did modify the carving from the original guns on some of them to make them a little less like a "copy" and a bit more like something that represented what I wanted to do.

As I said, the stocks came from Pecatonica River but on several of them I modified the shape considerably to represent a gun from a different "school". In those cases, the stock was basically just a hunk of raw material.
Penn-Rifle8.jpg

For instance, the rifle on the extreme right represents a gun from Franklin County. It looks quite a bit like a Bedford but it is a little more robust and it uses a conventional lock rather than the skinny styles Bedford County rifles use. I did decide to change the number of inlays on it by adding many more than the original gun had.
Several of them are also not exactly Period Correct (PC) because I wanted to use German Silver for the patchbox and furniture. German Silver wasn't used on the early guns, most if not all of them being made with brass furniture.

Latest posts

Back