• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Test

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSCN0800.JPG

Well as idividuals we each have our own resilution settings and monitor sizes. Wouldn't the result pixel size for each of us depend on those settings?

necchi said:
Well as idividuals we each have our own resilution settings and monitor sizes. Wouldn't the result pixel size for each of us depend on those settings?
Sure, you can fill your monitor with that little image above if you wish, but you won't change how many pixels are being displayed. :wink:

If you're viewing an image that is 100X100 pixels, you can change the resolution of your monitor to make that image "appear" larger or smaller, but that image will aways be 100X100 pixels. All you're doing is changing the size of the pixels on your screen. That's why a higher resolution produces a sharper image. Low resolution spreads the pixels out more and makes things fuzzy. (in laymen's terms)

The forum uses code to reduce the size of the image displayed, which is a whole different conversation, having nothing to do with resolution.

Okay, has nothing to do with picture size but I have to ask and show my ignorance. Never had fancy fire side cooking gear. What's the vertical metal hotdog shaped object between the pan of bacon and the dutch oven?

Brokennock said:
Okay, has nothing to do with picture size but I have to ask and show my ignorance. Never had fancy fire side cooking gear. What's the vertical metal hotdog shaped object between the pan of bacon and the dutch oven?
It's called a "knife". :grin:

Now that I know, I see it. With the resolution on my phone the scales look hollowed out around a central shaft with the bolster looking like the base of whatever the scales were.

Duh :doh:

Brokennock said:
Now that I know, I see it. With the resolution on my phone the scales look hollowed out around a central shaft with the bolster looking like the base of whatever the scales were.
It's an old throwing knife with leather slabs. When I'm not throwing it, I use it to split kindling.

Opening the image in a new window gives you a better view.
http://www.mathis.com/DSCN0800.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloading the image and playing with the contrast and brightness helps, but mostly it helps knowing what is negative and positive space.

Although I could have just been distracted by all that bacon.

Back