• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Test Whitworth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSC_0387.jpg

Nice set-up Dave!!!!!! How does it shoot?
Robby
I’m sure it shoots way better than I do, I’ve only shot it out to 125 yards which is the limit on my range here at home, shooting 60 grains of 3f goex it will do one ragged hole at 50 yds and about 3” at 125 yds off the bench on bags, I’m sure it has potential but my eyesight isn’t what it use to be and the factory sights are a limiting factor also for me, the Enfield stocks never have felt real comfortable for me either.

I purchased this rifle from the estate of an elderly gunsmith who built and shot competitive long range modern and black powder cartridge rifles, he also had a small collection of muzzleloaders that I purchased and the Whitworth was included in the sale, his sons had no interest in the black powder items at all, I really haven’t shot the Whitworth much since the closest long range shooting facility is an hour away and I enjoy shooting my flint guns around the home place when I have some free time.

Latest posts

Back