• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Teslong bore scope camera?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad yall got a model that works for you.
One I bought has a focal length that's too long to work for rifling and breech plug inspections.

I just take the side view mirror off my Teslong for a straight ahead view.
I did that and it works, but I want a longer focal distance.
The bore scopes don't have a long enough focal distance for me. May have to go to the endoscope section.

I tried 2 other cheaper($10) ones and gave up on them.

When you view the Teslong bore scope on Amazon look just below at the tiny blue printing "visit the Teslong Store" and you can find a lot of accessories and other scopes. I bought a set of different size side viewing mirror attachments, and also a 0.4" scope on a 22'cord for viewing gas lines water lines (dry of course) and inside walls) Hint it works like a bore scope in shotguns and even in my .50 Hawken. watch out handling the camera end after it has been on for a while the lighted end get's HOT!

Some Teslong pics of a recently bought used 54 cal Renegade. The pics really tell you whats going on with the bore.

A view at the muzzle.
1634571994693.jpeg

A view at the breech.
1634572015257.jpeg

Those lines are just milling marks, you can see they are all evenly spaced. you see all kinds of things in a barrel with one of these scopes. Those old Gustomsky barrels are not the best, the one in the picture has a tight spot about mid bore.

I have a Bill Large barrel that is just about a one hole shooter at 50 yrds, the scope showed a lot of pitting but it sure doesn't hurt the accuracy. With a bore light the bore looks like a shiny mirror.

*whew*
I'm glad others are a little startled finding out the truth of our guns when first using a borescope!
Guess I get to do a little better on the cleaning/maintenance too.

wm

Those lines are just milling marks, you can see they are all evenly spaced. you see all kinds of things in a barrel with one of these scopes. Those old Gustomsky barrels are not the best, the one in the picture has a tight spot about mid bore.

I have a Bill Large barrel that is just about a one hole shooter at 50 yrds, the scope showed a lot of pitting but it sure doesn't hurt the accuracy. With a bore light the bore looks like a shiny mirror.
Oh, I agree. Machining marks like these should have virtually zero effect on accuracy. I'm actually kinda impressed at the condition of the bore for a 30 year old rifle from an estate sale. A good borescope is a darn handy tool.

I think we have the same scope. It's fantastic but the app wouldn't work for my tablet. I had to get the generic one that the manual calls out. I highly recommend the teslong & it goes to the breech of my flintlock with length to spare. I think the more expensive models with the screen are a waste of money since it's about the size of a cellphone & the picture is much bigger on a tablet or laptop.

You can use them on other things too. I ran mine down the dryer vent line to find a clog. It would obviously work to scope an engine cylinder too. It has definitely already paid for itself.

I think we have the same scope. It's fantastic but the app wouldn't work for my tablet. I had to get the generic one that the manual calls out. I highly recommend the teslong & it goes to the breech of my flintlock with length to spare. I think the more expensive models with the screen are a waste of money since it's about the size of a cellphone & the picture is much bigger on a tablet or laptop.

You can use them on other things too. I ran mine down the dryer vent line to find a clog. It would obviously work to scope an engine cylinder too. It has definitely already paid for itself.
I have used mine to check for behind the wall wiring when I was doing a project in the house.

Latest posts

Back