• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tennessee ML Season Opener 2020

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This weekend started the Tennessee Unit L muzzleloader season. It was about 80 degrees here in Pulaski so, best I can tell, the deer weren’t moving during the day. Went yesterday morning and didn’t even see the first doe. Now, where I live, they are usually doing a Conga line through the edge of my yard on a daily basis but, this weekend, nada… Yesterday I stopped in at Richland Trace market on the highway not far from home. This is usually a hotspot for deer checking with plenty loaded in trucks out in the parking lot. Ghost town while I was there. Today too. They do have great food though…

I’ve only heard three muzzle blasts all weekend, which is also unusual. I’m surrounded by good deer woods, most of which I don’t own, so opening day of ML or rifle season usually sounds like a hot war earlier in the morning. Well, make that four muzzle blasts. Just heard one across the road while typing this. Pitch black outside, but none of my business I guess… Oops, five. Just heard another one… My point is, how is everybody else’s opening weekend shaping up?

I went to my spot for just a few minutes with my New Englander right before dark this afternoon and finally did see one doe, about ten yards away from me with the road as her back drop, and, what I believe to be, a large buck that showed up about thirty yards in front of me in one of my shooting lanes. Too dark by then to take an ethical shot as all I could make out was a huge body but couldn’t tell anything else about it. Either way, deer or no deer, I enjoyed my therapy sessions in the woods this weekend and look forward to slipping out of the shop and hitting the woods again in the morning. Any of you guys make meat this weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning....

9-BBA665-B-EB6-E-4-BEB-BECF-A24-A18-BE1759.jpg

195-A707-C-A8-EA-447-A-A256-3-CA17745416-F.png

A lot of chasing going on in my neck of the woods...

I passed on this buck this morning and have had bucks crashing Does 2 of the last 3 mornings.

This one wasn’t on ones tail, he was just out scent checking scrapes..

Tim, here’s one from your neck of the woods....

Laurel Hill WMA from last season..

A7311714-0150-4468-B2C3-91BCC140AC01.jpeg

Wow, those are nice... I finally saw a few this afternoon while I was working in my shop. Three does and a buck in the edge of the woods. Planning on going for a couple hours in the morning. That Laurel Hill buck looks like a really nice one. I am planning on doing a bunch of squirrel hunting there after deer season. Grew up fishing there but never hunted there before. Thanks for the pics...

I got drawn for the rifle hunt at Laurel Hill at the end of this month, I’ll be carrying my muzzleloader.

Back