• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tennessee ML Season count down

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck tomorrow to all my fellow Tennessee boys. I’m trying out a new spot tomorrow. We’ll see how lucky I am.

Supposed to be warm windy and start raining around 10:00... Is what it says today yesterday supposed to start raining around 7:00 so forecast keeps changing but the high winds I don't care for... I'll be in the coffee county area
I occasionally do a gun show over that way at the Manchester fairgrounds. Pretty nice area and decent folks.

Opening morning went off with out a bang...I got out before the the rain this morning...winds were about ...15 mile per hour..matter sitting for 1 1/2 .. I look to the right and a coyote was working down the edge of a trail... It stopped at 40 yards looked up at me ... Intern broadside and didn't know what to do.... I pulled my muzzleloader up to a game squeeze the trigger pop no bang... 😡 I hope the rest of you guys this morning was better

Not much better here. Had a late night in the shop and didn't hit the sack until about 1:00. Then got up right before daylight, took the dog out, only to find out the rain had already started and it was pretty windy. Decided to wait a bit and see what the weather is going to do so enjoyed a cup or three of coffee and some bacon and eggs. Weather only got worse so I went out to the shop and cleaned a couple rifles. Did see a deer in the woods maybe a hundred yards from my back door while I was scrubbing rust out of the bore of an old Pawn Shop Buckskinner I'm trying to bring back from the dead, but he disappeared pretty fast. Right now it looks like the rain has taken a break here so I think I'll finish what I'm doing and head out for a bit. It ain't over yet, still plenty of freezer filling time.

Hunted till 11 this morning. Only deer I saw was on the side of the road as I was driving in.
Well it's a start. The last two years, in my area, there hasn't been hardly any deer activity, at least during ML season. So that is two actually "seen" deer so far this morning. It's looking up... Weather is supposed to cool down quite a bit before next Saturday so that should get them moving.

View attachment 172506

My Wife got this from a Friend just outside of Nashville a couple days ago…

Good Luck out there👍
I know this buck. He's been coming to my house for 2 years now. He's a nine pointer this year with a little twin point on the end of his right antler. He comes for a little corn, pear trees and persimmon trees. He actually will come when I call him to within 20 or 30 feet away. He loves to play with my dog Bullit. He's like a pet. He usually hangs with a smaller, narrow racked 8 pointer. The two bucks are here every week, but there are nine does that are here almost everyday around 6pm. I know them so I'd never shoot them. I travel back to SW IL to hunt family lands there.

Hot and windy today in East TN. I was out there but to no avail.
Cooled off more than I expected here in southern middle TN, but the wind and rain were awful. After it finally cleared off not long before dark I took a stroll for some still hunting. Had one come up in front of me in thick brush. So thick I couldn't see it's head to know for sure what it was but I am guessing a fat doe. She raised her tail and took a dump, then turned left and went down the hill never to be seen again. Good experience though as I got a great look at the local squirrel population. Been waiting for it to cool a bit before I go after them and don't believe I've ever seen as many in one afternoon. And I can go back and pick that deer poop up tomorrow to make some pitch. All and all not a total loss.

Was just out there for about an hour before dark and things are looking up. As soon as I parked it behind a downed tree I'm using for a blind a conga line of mamas and babies came strolling through. Saw a big fat doe or two in the bunch. Can't start shooting them yet because I need them around for the next couple weeks. The spot I own is a very tiny piece of a large wooded area. Nobody hunts the adjoining property but, even though the owners would not mind, I try my best to stay on my property, which is on the edge of the forest. If I start spooking the ladies now they won't hang around to bring the big boys in later. Anyway, short story long, After they all exited the woods into the clearing they feed in every night I saw another body moving the opposite direction. It was a large buck. He was probably 80 yards away and the brush was too thick to take an ethical shot. I tried my best sexy babe deer voice. He was interested but hung up and wouldn't get out of the thick stuff. Then he disappeared. Still good though because I know a big dude is visiting my spot. Maybe tomorrow...

Last edited:
Back