• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tennessee ML opener tomorrow!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windy today. Didn't see any deer. But... coming back on the path I took to my hunting spot this morning, saw this. Wasn't there earlier. Almost enough to make a man take up knitting, almost...
20211114_104417.jpg

Popped a little doe this morning at 60 yards (80 gr of OE 2F) with the GPR 54.
Quartering to me - hit just in front of left shoulder - she went about 20 yards and dropped.
I had made myself some shooting sticks out of furrowing strips - it helps.
The ball is still in her somewhere. Not a big deer but it will be good eating.
I'm just tickled pink that all my hunting is uphill from my house - makes all my deer dragging downhill.

1637423704809.jpeg

Job well done ... I am st
Popped a little doe this morning at 60 yards (80 gr of OE 2F) with the GPR 54.
Quartering to me - hit just in front of left shoulder - she went about 20 yards and dropped.
I had made myself some shooting sticks out of furrowing strips - it helps.
The ball is still in her somewhere. Not a big deer but it will be good eating.
I'm just tickled pink that all my hunting is uphill from my house - makes all my deer dragging downhill.

View attachment 105443
Job well done...I am still waiting to take my 1st whitetail with a side lock seems my kids are better at it than me but oh well one day congrats again

Missed my opportunity at a smallish doe this morning. Shooting sticks slipped and she caught me moving. Oh well.

Whats a good deer? One in your freezer! You guys are making me jealous. ML season here in maine is not until Monday after Thanksgiving can't wait!
Regards,
Peter

Well finally tonight I took my 1st deer with my side lock it was a kit my kids bought me for Father's day couple years ago nothing special other than they got it for me it's a traditions deer Hunter... Using 90 grains of triple f loose powder and a patched .495 round ball

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_185829_01.jpg
    IMG_20211120_185829_01.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20211120_185803_01.jpg
    IMG_20211120_185803_01.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 32
Well, to be honest, I sorta cheated - I hid behind a wall of mirrors. When that doe looked down from the hill, all she saw was the reflection of the ground in front of me and the top of my head. Another doe hung around at about 70 yards while I was reloading behind the mirrors.

View attachment 105575
I'd be worried about the potential unintended consequences of this blind; for instance lets say that the biggest buck in your area happens along and before you can line up the shot he spots himself in the "blind" and :
1. He thinks, "I don't want to tangle with that bruiser" spins a 180 and bounds off never to be seen again. Or.......
2. He charges in to take on his twin, crashing through the blind, bowling you over and leaving you with, lets see, 6x7=42 years of bad luck....🙃

I'd be worried about the potential unintended consequences of this blind; for instance lets say that the biggest buck in your area happens along and before you can line up the shot he spots himself in the "blind" and :
1. He thinks, "I don't want to tangle with that bruiser" spins a 180 and bounds off never to be seen again. Or.......
2. He charges in to take on his twin, crashing through the blind, bowling you over and leaving you with, lets see, 6x7=42 years of bad luck....🙃
These types of blinds work by tilting forward a bit, so any buck approaching it would only see a reflection of the ground in front of the mirror.
On a side story, I suggested the idea of an angled mirror blind to a hunting buddy in GA years before the "Ghost Blind" made it's appearance. My buddy thought it was a crazy notion...

I have often wondered about the mirror bling thing, how does it do with the sun shining on it any glare, the other thing is how do you see over it.

Latest posts

Back