• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tennessee changes its definition of a muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are pushing to make all muzzleloaders require back ground check. They will intentionally make so confusing that they will have to.

Penna. has a Blackpowder season and a Primitive season. No inline during primitive season. I personally think Inlines should not be allowed in Blackpowder season. It defeats the entire reason for the season. Inlines are for those who just like to kill things IMHO, Why? make them legal only during regular season and see how fast the wannabes drop them and go to a reg. rifle! Time to weed out the non believers and fakers (IMHO). Blackpowder season should be for traditional, true muzzle loading, firearms. No Sharps, Smith carbines, Rolling Blocks etc or Winchesters using BP cartridges. Just one mans opinion.
Agree wholeheartedly, being from PA I love the late season where ONLY flintlock rifles are legal. Nothing like ghosting thru the woods as Giant snowflakes drift down from heaven!!!

Its clearly a mess Ive never seen a' Tradition's 'any thing And rather despize non traditional guns but we have No regulations other than no 22 or low power or smooth bores for deer They Arnt thinking of humanitarian reasons just they don't trust people with guns that can kill the protected Native Pidgeon's. The Department of Conservation drop thousands of tons of 1080 poison annually to kill Deer & other deemed invasive introduced pests( so much for humanitarian policy ) .Never heard of Wheel or matchlocks being debarred . I've use these sorts over the years being soley into black powder. That the US debar them seems ridiculous, though I doubt many are so used and could hardly be an issue while nitro MLs are excepted .So long as the muzzle loader is a fair representation of an original rifle or gun I can see no sensible objection . But anything modern ought not to be allowed in what is supposed to be a' 'primitive ' season .No burocrat with no proper understanding of the subject should ever be allowed to dream up legislation 'Of course money allways talks but the issue could hardly be clearer .
My further two pennorth .
Rudyard

We've seen Missouri's primitive weapons deer season morph from archery/single-shot muzzle loaders not smaller than .40 which hit in part of the rut into a mess. Now after Christmas, spears up to and including AR pistols are legal. What once celebrated and encouraged historic sportsmanship is now "just another deer season".

So, if you don't want to see your state end up like us, speak up to the rule-makers before it's too late. Sportsman's organizations have clout, but unless you make an effort to get involved, rules made seldom go back to what they were. Good luck!!

Back