• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tenessee Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a "Blast From The Past!" We got hold of a couple of those rifles when DGW first started carrying them and ran an evaluation of them, worked up loads, and did some accuracy testing. Published a write-up with the results in a rag called
The Trade Blanket, and another in The Buckskin Report.
The Trade Blanket was put out by Gary Swenson back then. Good rifle, very accurate. As I recall, the one I tested wanted .310 round balls with a .012"-.015" patch, and we lubed with YCA#103. Shot cloverleaf groups at 25 yards that opened up to maybe an inch at 50 yards. I could be off a skosh on the group sizes. It's been a longish while. I favor my wee .40 cal for small critters so didn't keep the .32 very long.

The first time I ever heard about the Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle, was an article in…I think it was BlackPowder Annual Magazine…it was an annual publication that Dixie published years ago.

Great article. Fell in love with the rifle….finally got one in .32 calibre. The gun shot OK, but not what I was expecting…so I rebarreled the gun…pulled the breach plug on the .32 calibre barrel, and the last 8 inches was pitted and corroded pretty bad. So that explains why the gun never shot well for me.

5B17DF71-93A8-44A2-AE42-4F9FE7602FC7.jpeg

As a .45 calibre, Dixie really missed out in not offering this gun as a .40 calibre or a .45 calibre…such a wonderful gun.

The above gun is the .45 calibre, the bottom is a .54 calibre. I loved the .45 so much that I went out and found a nice beat up .50 calibre and rebarreled it to .54 calibre. I’ll never sell either of them

Last edited:
Back