• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Temptation #2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my local has two 10gsxs. One by Pedersoli in very good condition and another, unnamed, did navy arms have a 10g made for them by Pietta??
Anyway, the unnamed one doesn't come up well to the shoulder. The stock is to high.
The Pedersoli on the other hand comes up well and the dealer offered me a heavily reduced price!
Very tempted. Its choked in one barrel at least.
If this disease continues im going to need another safe!
Or was it ardesa that made a 10g double for navy arms??
Anyway, I think that 10g would make a good fox calling gun loaded with 2oz of air gun pellets I have thousands of!
I wonder if he will trade a little to ease the pain......
I wish I had kept away now, I was doing so well 😩

Brit, I feel for ya, I keep telling myself enough but be dammed once I think I AM ON THE WAGON WOULDNT YA KNOW IT UP POPS ONE I JUST CANNOT RESIST. What a wicked road we wander. Or better yet as I wandered down the road I came to a fork in the road and choose the way with the sign that said gun shop this way. On the search now for a original double side bye side percussion is fine but a flinter would be great.

My love affair with the SXS shotgun started when my dad purchased a used Manhattan 12 gauge SXS for me to start my hunting career at the age of 10. I LOVE the SXS shotgun. My first SXS that I purchased with my own money was a new SKB SXS 20 gauge with 25" barrels for upland game bird hunting in 1966 which I still have to this day. I will buy very good to as new SXS black powder shotguns that are being sold by people that no longer want them but I will not pay overly inflated prices as some feel that they have a national treasure that they can retire on - it's just a shotgun nothing more. My top price is $500 no more unless it's a Winchester model 21:ghostly:

I thought that Navy Arms used Peder's for their shotguns. Might be under the barrels. I have a Peder 10 gauge s x s and I do love it. I use 80 grains 2f and same volume shot which gives me a slower but tighter pattern. One year, I even won our local Rondy shotgun shoot with my Peder.

As you Zug I have a weakness for the side bye sides especially the older makes and models, just have not found the right front stuffer yet it is out there I just have to find it.

IMG_2199.jpg

it is like a JUNKIE WITH A SPIKE IN HIS ARM!!! what a great feeling???

Well now, the dealer let me borrow it to try.
Not fired it yet but it is in excellent condition and I think it is a 2004 build, a spring chicken.
It has chokes. The tightest is around .750", the other around .760", I'm thinking what we call 3/4 and 1/2 chokes.
Next up is remove the oil from the flash channels 🙄 and go test it. If it patterns where I'm looking my wallet is going to groan and creek

Best of luck with that! I have a Pedersoli 10 (1981 vintage) that weighs a little under 7 pounds. Very nice gun that carries and swings nicely. Although a previous owner had installed an iridescent pink front bead, I was able to replace that with a traditional white bead made of certified Mastedon tusk (go figure).

Latest posts

Back