• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tell Me What You Think, Fella's!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vthompson said:
Two words, absolutely beautiful!

What did you use to carve with?

Thank you, we really committed ourselves to doing our best on this. Thats why it took us over 2 weeks to get it done. I believe the next one will go a little faster.. :wink:

As far as what i carved & scrimed with, I reckon it would be easier to show you, then to try and tell you... :)

:doh:Oooop's, i left out my carving gouges from the picture. I used both the "U" gouge for the engrailing and a small "V" gouge, along with the smallest rat tails, to broaden out some of my finer lines. It was a slow and careful process. I also bought one of those Jewlers Magnifier hoods, so i could see what i was doing up close.. :thumbsup:

HPIM0996_edited.jpg

My camera ain't the best in the world and mama won't let me touch her's, sooooo i'll try again with these.. :) Plus they moved my first pic's out of the photo section, to the craftsmans section... :confused:

I'am real proud, for this being our first real attempt with a raw horn.

HPIM0998_edited.jpg

HPIM1001_edited.jpg

HPIM1006_edited.jpg

HPIM1002_edited.jpg

HPIM1003_edited.jpg

Here's a peek at horn #2 with it being so small, i'am going to make into a day horn or priming horn. I've already cut a lobe in the horn for the strap and it has a flat plug made of pine this time. Now its time to start carving... :grin:

HPIM0997_edited.jpg

une carabine said:
Plus they moved my first pic's out of the photo section, to the craftsmans section... :confused:

Because it's about "making" a horn and the tools you used?

Back