• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tell Me What You Think, Fella's!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbiggers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A few months ago i took an old F & I war horn that i bought and basically re-did it, had my wife do the art work, engrave some designs and then i dyed it too dark. So we scrimed the engravings in white ink so we could see the engravings, but it wasn't real, not totally ours. I really didn't know my butt from a hole in the ground about working on horns. Until i started chating with Scott Morrison ..aka.."41Aeronca" and he gave me the inspiration to start out with a raw horn and just go for it. Between him and the Sibley book, here's my "First", start from scratch, "Powder Horn" I need to thank my wonderful wife for her amazing artistic abilities, in the making of this horn. That girl can draw.. :wink:

These Picture's are from the beginning of the project to end... :thumbsup: Thank you "Scott" for all your help and encourgement. I hope to only get better from here.

HPIM0963_edited.jpg

HPIM0964_edited.jpg

HPIM0969_edited.jpg

HPIM0970_edited.jpg

HPIM0972_edited.jpg

HPIM0973_edited.jpg

HPIM0975_edited.jpg

HPIM0976_edited.jpg

HPIM0978_edited.jpg

HPIM0980_edited.jpg

HPIM0982_edited.jpg

HPIM0983_edited.jpg

HPIM0985_edited.jpg

HPIM0986_edited.jpg

HPIM0987_edited.jpg

HPIM0989_edited.jpg

HPIM0990_edited.jpg

HPIM0991_edited.jpg

HPIM0992_edited.jpg

HPIM0993_edited.jpg

HPIM0995_edited.jpg

Very nice!

Award winning craftsman Scott Morrison steered you in the right direction.

:thumbsup:

HD

Between you, Scott and your artistic wife you
have managed to turn out a very nice horn.:applause:
snake-eyes:bow:

Well done, thanks for sharin. You will have a lifetime of
great memories of the stuff you make. :bow:
Dusty :wink:

snake-eyes said:
Between you, Scott and your artistic wife you
have managed to turn out a very nice horn.:applause:
snake-eyes:bow:

Thank you fella's, sure appreciate the wonderful comments. Now if i could just get the ole lady to keep on with the art work, along with the carving, engrailing, sanding, etching, inking, dyeing, and antiqueing, :shocked2: then i could just sit back and enjoy seeing horns being made... :rotf:...while I sip on a big glass of cold, sweet, iced tea... :haha: :blah: :rotf:

Lord don't tell her i said that, or i'll never get her to draw on another horn, ever.. :(

:haha: Danny.. :hatsoff:

Lord don't tell her i said that, or i'll never get her to draw on another horn, ever..
OK, we will all keep our mouths shut, but we will all be checking our mail for our new horn :rotf: :rotf:
just kidding... you are a lucky man to have a wife with ability like that. nice horn :v

Nice horn. :thumbsup:

I hope that trapper is watchin' his topknot. There's a hostile injun just around the bend! :shocked2: :haha:

Really super job. One bit of advice, if ya keepa callin 'er "ole lady", your not going to get much help. :grin:

Mike

Very nice work! A super contemporary piece utilizing old style architecture with modern scrimshaw designs.

Back