• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tea pot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkskinner

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I got this idea from Jas Townsend. Its abought 7 inches wide at the base and 6 inches tall and holds 2 quarts. The handle is South American Tineo. It gets the water boiling in 4 minutes and will be used on a daily basis. All comments and suggestions welcome.

DSCN1886_zps7a6470ed.jpg

That looks very nice. A very stable base, large enough spout, not fancy but very praactical.....................watch yer top knot.............

Nice rustic look. Just one question: How hot does the back pouring handle get? :idunno:

ohio ramrod said:
Nice rustic look. Just one question: How hot does the back pouring handle get? :idunno:

Pretty darn hot, i can't pick it up without a hot pot holder.

lovely job. Then again, w me, yer all but guaranteed a "win" w me if it's copper. Especially hand mage gadgets and kit.

Thanks Pete, the bottom is a bought 1/8 inch thick and the sides are much thinner. The copper came off of a bank roof so i don't know the thickness.

I was planning on lining it with tin after i assembled it but i didn't think that part threw fully. The welds come apart when it gets hot enough to tin. I might un assemble this one and tin the parts then reassemble if the green stuff starts to grow.

As best I recall, water is fine in copper. It is acidic liquids or food items that can cause health concerns. Tomatoes and fruits being high on the list.

Copper has natural anti-microbial properties that help kill harmful bacteria and pathogens. Copper pipes also inhibit the growth of bacteria and slime inside the pipes that can lead to illness. Copper's prohibitive effects on diseases such as E-coli O157, polio virus, and Legionella pneumophilia (the cause of Legionnaire's disease), among other harmful bacteria, have all been tested. Unlike iron, lead and PVC pipes, copper pipes do not leech dangerous metals or toxins into drinking water under most conditions.

Pretty cool Teapot skunkskinner :thumbsup:
Robby

Is she a good steamer?I redo alot of cowboy hats,would'nt mind somethin like that if it steamed real good
stethat005.jpg

Back