• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tea as a filler?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use corn meal now I use cream of wheat - it gives me more consistent accuracy ;) :thumb:

A little while back the question was brought up about using coffee grounds as a filler. In it the pros and cons were kicked around. I now find myself in a similar situation. Cleaning out the cabinets we came across a box of old Tea bags. Carol said get rid of them so I was saving the paper to make nitrated cartridges. Now I got a cup or two of the dried out tea. Should I just toss it in the compost or would can it be used as a filler?
Yes, tea will stain your horn. So will coffee, as far as I know. With tea you can vary the strength a bit, and do it till you get the patina you want.

does any one remember the MONKEYS on the RED ROSE TEA COMMERICAL? RED ROSE, RED ROSE, RED ROSE TEA.YEAH!! !! and those really large white teeth in there smile.

Back