• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC SENECA 45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a friend into BP shooting and he has gone into the full beserko mode. I let him shoot my little Seneca and now he has the hots for one. I looked on Gunbroker and am just wondering if anyone here could lead me in the right direction. I sold him a TC Hawken 50 and he is a very impressive shot with this rifle but just wants something a bit lighter. THANKS

Somebody on here might have one they would part with.
Keep an eye on the for sale subforum.
Pedersoli has a few models in 45 caliber, if something like that would work.

While revealing my age, I will say that Seneca's (especially .45's) are the cat's pajamas (or, the bomb ;) )

Here (top), with a .36 (bottom):

vebulA7l.jpg

fAO6dKUl.jpg

They come up for sale here on a "fairly" regular basis. Put a "Wanted" Ad in the classifieds here & you could bring one out of the closet, but they ain't cheap!

Got a friend into BP shooting and he has gone into the full beserko mode. I let him shoot my little Seneca and now he has the hots for one. I looked on Gunbroker and am just wondering if anyone here could lead me in the right direction. I sold him a TC Hawken 50 and he is a very impressive shot with this rifle but just wants something a bit lighter. THANKS
You are a good person.

My experience has been that light rifles and Blackpowder is an oxymoron.

Maybe look into getting a well balanced firearm. Something with a swamped barrel or even get a Kibler Kit.

I have owned a half dozen Senecas and as many Cherokees. I downsized recently and Currently own one of each in 32 Caliber with an extra 45 barrel for each. The Cherokee is a great little gun but does not fit me nearly as well as the Seneca. I have a roached barrel for a Cherokee that I Picked up cheap. I have considered using the Breech Plug and measuring the barrel tenon and having a barrel made that has traditional sights on it around 32 inches long with a round ball twist in 32 Caliber. Need to get to work on this project.

I have owned a couple of 36s and while they were fun I already had two 32 rifles that took care of that Niche so moved them on to a couple of members here.

A friend of mine just found a good deal on a mint Cherokee with a .45 and a .32 barrel, I expect to see the combo up for sale on the classified here in the near future, we talked about selling them when he showed them to me.
I've got the Senaca and Cherokee in in 45
A friend of mine just found a good deal on a mint Cherokee with a .45 and a .32 barrel, I expect to see the combo up for sale on the classified here in the near future, we talked about selling them when he showed them to me.
Hope to see them posted, great guns.
I can part with everything in the safe except my Cherokees and Senacas. I've heard the made the Senaca in a .32 but I've never had the pleasure of seeing one.

Latest posts

Back