• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC Renegade flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought one of these in 50 cal and was wondering who else has one . How do you like it and what should I watch out for.
T.I.A.

I've got one, quite happy with it. put a L and R lock in it. never could get the tc lock to spark properly.

I have one. I found out about the updated lock and checked to see if mine had been done. Thompson Center said to send the lock to them and they would do it for free. I did and they did.
I replaced the touch hole liner with the newer version and use real flints.
Everything works just fine.

Mike

I own one it's a great shooter and carries well in the thick stuff :thumbsup: .50 cal 90grns fffg Goex pillow ticking/olive oil patch for hunting. :wink:

I bought one last year and up graded the lock and touch hole liner. Great gun and it carries well due to shorter barrel.

DJ

Well it's good to hear that all the comments are positive ones. This one I got had been shot plenty as there was a fair amount of pitting in the pan and wear around the touch hole liner. I had to drill out the liner(i might still be able to use it for now). The bore however is in fantastic condition, well taken care of. I plan on replacing the lock and browning all the steel and re-seal the wood around the lock area.

I would replace the liner with a RMC liner, and drill it out to 5/64 you will have better and more reliable ignition.

Early flintlock TC rifles had a different lock from some of their last production locks. The shape of the cock and the hardness of the frizzen was changed. The newer frizzens are black instead of the previous case hardened coloring, and are suppose to work better. The flash hole liner was changed from a slotted liner, to one that used an allen wrench. I replaced mine, before even trying the older one, so I really can't tell if it's better, but the new one functions fine.

Back