• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC Peep

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Installed a TC tang peep to use with the standard TC bead front sight on the New Englander, sleeved to .458" bore with 24" twist. Finally got around to sitting down and sighting it in.
At 50 yards the holes were touching but I don't know yet how well it will work at 100. Idaho Ron has suggested the use of a globe front sight with inserts. There's a couple stuck back in the parts box so maybe that will be the way to go.

This was also the try out of Lyman mold #457124 shot as cast of straight lead, finger lubed with LOOB (lanolin-olive oil-beeswax), two 1/2" diameter cards stamped out of egg carton and 70 grains of GOEX FFg.

Like this one?

IMG_1926.jpg

I use the lee shavers BPCR inserts inside the Lyman 17 aml. I like the fine bead the best but I have only used it and the crosshair. To me the crosshair tends to block some of what I want to see. Ron

I have one on my TC hawken and found the factory bead too larger for my uses. I ground the bead part off the front sight leaving a flat top post. Works great for me on my "coyote killer". May be hard to see in the woods though.

Back