• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Patriot Loading Stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmosby

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Recently acquired a Patriot and modified an existing stand to address the stock cracking issue when loading. Note the small air gap at the intersection of the stock grip and body thus no pressure force on this area. BTW, my club in Colorado requires pistol loading from a stand otherwise you don't shoot your pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
Recently acquired a Patriot and modified an existing stand to address the stock cracking issue when loading. Note the small air gap at the intersection of the stock grip and body thus no pressure force on this area. BTW, my club in Colorado requires pistol loading from a stand otherwise you don't shoot your pistol.
Excellent idea! I own a .45 cal. TC Patriot. Do you have the plans for the stand to share? Scanned pages of your stand attached in a pm sent to me or add as a jpg to this post would be great. :D

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I only have concept sketches. Having said that I'll create a finished sketch with the functionality captured with the most important dimensions noted and leave the rest up to you and others notating as needed. Sure wish I still had access to a CAD system to create a solid model and detail drawings from that 3D model. Piece of cake... but it's nice to be retired. I'll add a .jpg to this post as you suggested.

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I only have concept sketches. Having said that I'll create a finished sketch with the functionality captured with the most important dimensions noted and leave the rest up to you and others notating as needed. Sure wish I still had access to a CAD system to create a solid model and detail drawings from that 3D model. Piece of cake... but it's nice to be retired. I'll add a .jpg to this post as you suggested.
Great! I look forward to your sketch.

Attached please find subject drawing of my Patriot Loading Stand. I tried to upload into the OP but unsuccessful. I refined the configuration from my original design as you can see. I only captured the dimensions that are important to work with the Patriot 2nd generation. Not familiar with generation one. It might work. Please let me know if you need additional or if I missed something so that I can update. Types of materials are up to you. I assembled with screws to make tweaks easier. Have fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
Most impressive design! I made one out of soft clear pine years ago and I may have to retrofit it with the piece you have incorporated into your design.

Attached please find subject drawing of my Patriot Loading Stand. I tried to upload into the OP but unsuccessful. I refined the configuration from my original design as you can see. I only captured the dimensions that are important to work with the Patriot 2nd generation. Not familiar with generation one. It might work. Please let me know if you need additional or if I missed something so that I can update. Types of materials are up to you. I assembled with screws to make tweaks easier. Have fun.
Drawing looks great! I have a 2nd gen Patriot. I will be building your stand design. Thanks.

I was not aware TC created a first and second generation Patriot pistol. What were the differences?

Thank you,

Frosty
I was once told several years ago that TC made a couple small changes to the Patriot pistol and it was referred to as the 2nd gen. Unfortunately, a major factory fire at the Thompson Center factory in 1996 destroyed all tooling and parts for the Scout and Patriot pistols and the Seneca rifle. As a result they were discontinued. My Patriot was bought in 1994 so I have to assumed that it is a 2nd gen. It's possible that an employee still working at Thompson Center after all these years may know the difference between a 1st or 2nd gen Patriot pistol and the year changes were made.

Latest posts

Back