• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC New Englander 12ga. Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester97

40 Cal
Reaction score
I came across an unopened New Englander kit in 12 Ga. Having a hard time deciding what to do on it, as I have never seen another in kit form. Does anybody know if its as rare as it seems, or am I ok just finishing it out as I had intended when I bought it a bit ago? I have seen several of the TC Hawken kits sell higher than factory guns lately.

Wow what a great find. The New Englander is my favorite production gun ever made,especially the 12 gauge version. To me the New Englander is a shotgun first and a rifle second. It points and handles like a dream and it actually looks somewhat similar to some smoothbores I have seen from the mid to late 1800s. I didn't even know that any of the New Englanders came in kit form. Hopefully someone on here will have some knowledge to share about this. You don't see them come up for sale too often in shotgun configuration and when they do they tend to be north of $400 so who knows what a kit would be worth. If it were mine I would finish it for myself but that's just me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Wow what a great find. The New Englander is my favorite production gun ever made,especially the 12 gauge version. To me the New Englander is a shotgun first and a rifle second. It points and handles like a dream and it actually looks somewhat similar to some smoothbores I have seen from the mid to late 1800s. I didn't even know that any of the New Englanders came in kit form. Hopefully someone on here will have some knowledge to share about this. You don't see them come up for sale too often in shotgun configuration and when they do they tend to be north of $400 so who knows what a kit would be worth. If it were mine I would finish it for myself but that's just me. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks, this is the only one I have seen. I'm sure TC did kits in all models, but it has to be a limited number no doubt. I am curious how many they produced, it can't be many

I picked up a completed "K" prefix New Englander 12ga at a pawnshop in Arlington, VA about 10 years ago. Only one I've ever seen. All the others have been factory assembled.

I have used the NE 12 ga. for several years. I put an extension butt pad on it to get the lop I wanted. It is a very comfortable one to shoot clays with.

I came across an unopened New Englander kit in 12 Ga. Having a hard time deciding what to do on it, as I have never seen another in kit form. Does anybody know if its as rare as it seems, or am I ok just finishing it out as I had intended when I bought it a bit ago? I have seen several of the TC Hawken kits sell higher than factory guns lately.
Yes, they made them in kits,just like all the other kits. I put a .54 together and sold it,bought every one I have seen since to compensate LOL.

Latest posts

Back