• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD TC Hawkin 50 caliber - exceptional wood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
SOLD. THANKS FOR LOOKING. TC Hawkin 50 caliber with exceptional wood. 1:48. 28" barrel. Ser Number 273520. Very well maintained. It comes with a story. I bought new in 1980ish in Colorado and took 2 very nice elk with the gun in 2 years. I ordered a Green Mountain barrel with 1:66. It did not fit my stock. I contacted GM to complain and they were astounded. They asked me to send the complete gun to them along with my 1:48 barrel. The owner of GM discovered his barrel would indeed not fit. He then took the gun to Mr French of TC to find out what was the problem, and discovered my gun was one of those modified at the TC factory from flint to cap, since their flint guns weren't selling well at the time. Mr French of TC called me and apologized and said they would make it right. About a month later Mr French called me and said they were returning my rifle with a surprise that he felt I would like, to make up for the inconvenience. Well...............when I got the rifle I discovered that the "surprise" was an entirely new and upgraded stock. I appreciated the surprise, but it also was a negative to me. The GM barrel fit ok, but the stock was too pretty to take out and shoot for fear of damaging the beautiful stock. It was never shot again. So........it has sat in my gun safe since the 1980's and removed only so I could look at it and show it to my friends. I hate to part with it, but since I'm now 80 years old with waning eyesight someone else should enjoy it, and know the gun's story. I'd like $650 for it shipped to your door. Please make sure your state allows you to receive it. ThanView attachment 134219View attachment 134220View attachment 134221View attachment 134222View attachment 134223View attachment 134224View attachment 134226View attachment 134227View attachment 134228View attachment 134230k you.

Last edited:
Pm sent a while ago

Nice guy and a purdy rifle

Last edited:
I'd like to see the stock but the pictures aren't coming back up. Is it possible to repost the photos on another forum page?

I'd like to see the stock but the pictures aren't coming back up. Is it possible to repost the photos on another forum page?
Here are the pictures. Thanks to all for the compliments, but the compliments belong to Mr French of Thompson Center and TC itself, I was just a proud custodian for many years
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
rs.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 10
Whooo-doggie, that IS some nice wood, especially on the cheekpiece side. Thanks for the photos. Someone got a nice one.

Back to the original post and story, I wonder why TC made the flintlock barrels narrower than the percussion.

TC did put out some exceptional wood at times. I had one about like this many years ago. In a fit of stupidity, I sold it.

Whooo-doggie, that IS some nice wood, especially on the cheekpiece side. Thanks for the photos. Someone got a nice one.

Back to the original post and story, I wonder why TC made the flintlock barrels narrower than the percussion.
It's been a long time but as I recall it was something to do with the location for the sideplate for the snail vs the location for the touch hole. They did some magic to be able to use the over-produced flint stocks and hardware for percussion is what I was told at the time by the owner of GM. I think the flint and percussion barrels measured the same. I just happened to get one of the modified percussion and never would have known it if I hadn't ordered a GM barrel. I also appreciated the owner of GM going the extra mile for me. I've always wondered if others had a similar problem with the fit of a GM barrel and didn't follow up with GM on the non-fit.

The only wood as nice as that ,I’ve seen -is on a cougar…the one I have. Beautiful to say the least.
Seen another on gunbroker… a flintlock. Definitely custom shop stocks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back