• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC Hawkens. Looking to get my first.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokestack

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just about to bite on a TC Hawken in .50 cal thats equipped with a tang sight and globe.

From what I understand these guns have swappable barrels? Is there any work that needs to be done to fit them in if I were to get an extra for say patched round ball? Also curious if they are available with a more primitive sight setup.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm also looking into getting one of those Malcom 6x scopes. Anyone have experience with those?

Last edited:
In most cases the barrel between the TC Hawken rifles will change by simply removing the barrel wedge and installing the other barrel. If it is an aftermarket barrel, there may need to be a bit of fitting of the barrel hook to the tang. The one exception is the big bore which has a 1 inch barrel.

TC did make a "primitive" sight to replace the stock ones. They might still be found on eBay or Track of the Wolf may have replacements.

Buy the gun. The sights add value. You can buy new barrels from TOW and peruse ebay for barrels and other stuff. The barrels interchange easily and you can put the scope on a barrel dedicated to that use. Not familiar with the scope you mention but a lot of scope installations include drilling and tapping the barrel.

Track of the Wolf have drop in Green Mountain replacement barrels in .50 or .54 with 1/66 twist for patched roundball in stock.
They're a complete drop in with under rib with thimbles, ramrod, and the basic TC sights. Adjustable rear and bead front sight.

Back