• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC Hawken sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never liked the TC muzzleloader sights. The front sight is too wide. Many of those guns shot high from the factory with the rear sight at its lowest setting.

The TC owner wanting traditional sights on his muzzleloader is kind of skewered. The surest way is to cut a rear dovetail and install a traditional rear sight.

i wanted a roached 50 caliber TC .50 caliber New Englander barrel to send to Mr. Hoyt.. Bought a barrel off ebay for $100. The bore of that barrel was perfect, the blue had a few splotches and it came fitted with Remington centerfire rifle sights. Those sights are great. The barrel stayed at home.

i've soldered fire sights on TC rifles for several local hunters.

Skinner makes a peep sight that replaces the original TC rear sight. But they ain't cheap:

Thompson Center (skinnersights.com)

Williams sells a set of fire sights for TC guns:

Williams Gun Sight Thompson/Center w/Octagon Barrel Muzzleloader Fire Sight Set | 18% Off Highly Rated Free Shipping over $49! (opticsplanet.com)

Last edited:
This is my solution

1644676320869.jpeg

I have some of the old square notch and square front TC sights on some rifles, they work great! The first one I tried is on my .56 smooth bore and I can shoot better groups with it at 50yds than I can with my rifled TC's with the dished out crappy sights.

Back