• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Hawken question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I own 2 Thompson Center Hawken flintlocks, both .50 caliber. One of them has the word HAWKEN stamped on the barrel, and one does not. The one stamped HAWKEN looks newer and has a 6-digit serial number. The other one, which looks older, has a 5-digit serial number. Does anyone know why they stamped some with HAWKEN and others they did not? I’ve also seen this on Renegades as well. Any thoughts? 1BEFBD2B-F033-4C6F-A13C-C0BC93E9FA17.jpeg470EAD4C-9C43-4D3D-B827-081547B66220.jpeg

Serial number records were destroyed in a fire years ago. Have never seen a post with a time frame on the naming change dates on the barrels.

Been reading here since 2004 and never seen a TC employee post here and provide any insight into the history of TC side locks.

in 1985 i got hold of TC about a screwed up breech plug and they said mail the barrel to them and they sent me a brand new factory blued barrel and it doesn't say Hawken on it.

I have a T/C .45 Hawken #1035XX that I bought new in 1974, and a T/C .50 Hawken #2056XX, that I bought second hand. Neither are marked Hawken.

Back