• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC Hawken Discontinued

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a co-worker that has labelled me a "Fudd" (As in Elmer Fudd) because I have an aversion towards older hunting firearms and a fondness of muzzleloaders over the latest "space-gun". Mind you, I am all of 37, but I started shooting my first muzzleloader at 23, a used CVA hawken, and later picked up a T/C hawken and the two have COMPLETELY different characteristics imho. I recently "crossed the river" and bought an AR-15, but still have more fun shooting my MLs than the AR. Just something about that puff of smoke that makes my smile and giggle like a schoolboy.

FWIW, i took some of my coworkers pheasant hunting. that "Fudd" stuff stopped when i started crumpling birds with my SxS.

OR - they have enough inventory that they are stopping production until inventory falls.

Thanks,
Foster From Flint

Uncle Pig said:
OR - they have enough inventory that they are stopping production until inventory falls.

Thanks,
Foster From Flint

Good guess, given what they told me about how they're doing production runs of parts.

Can't really go by their web listing . Case at hand is harrington Richardson is still listing their topper deluxe classic and they've been discontinued for a couple of yrs . :v

Marlin was bought by The Freedom Group which owns several of the brand name gunmakers you know well.
They say Marlin will still be made but where it is to done may not be in the USA. :(

Well that is not surprising, they've steadily reduced their traditional ML production while continually increasing their prices until only the Hawken was left and it was way over priced.
Lyman still offers the "trade rifle" which is a very close copy of the T/C for one third the cost and the Lyman Great Plains is a much better rifle than the T/C for one half the cost. T/C really just priced themselves out of the market.

T/C really just priced themselves out of the market.

That's what happens to a lot of companies that buy out other successful companies (or appoint Presidents who don't know the business).

We acquired a new president who didn't have a clue how the aircraft Auxiliary Power industry works back when the Boeing Dreamliner program was starting and businesses were making their design proposals and setting up their price quotes.

He said, "We're going to make a profit on the initial sale and on R&O (Repair and Overhaul). I will not accept business like we've done in the past!"
(All suppliers of aircraft APU's initially sell at a loss and make their money on Repair & Overhaul).

Our design was great. Our initial price quote was tens of thousands of dollars over our competitions quotes.
Because of our price, we weren't even considered.

I think S&W has done the same thing with the Hawken.

(After this major loss of a multi million dollar program, the new President was fired. :grin: )

I called TC to check on the status of my barrel. Again it was confirmed that the Hawken is discontinued. Any inventory (and it didn't sound like there is much) is being saved to honor warranties.

The TC rep was nice but I didn't leave the conversation with the warm feeling that my barrel will be replaced or fixed. The question is not whether TC will honor the warranty, it’s a matter of them determining whether or not the defect falls under the warranty.

I hope my barrel falls under warranty. It’s only a year old, in like new condition and WILL NOT shoot where you aim it. It aint me. My 30yr old .54 TC Hawken I got used shoots fine. We'll see what happens. I'll post what comes of all this.

Back