• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Hawken Discontinued

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's a shame they arent' being made any more. every one i've seen has been a good shooter right out of the box. but bubba doesn't want to learn to shoot, only get his extra deer season in. :shake:

The T/C Hawken in days to come are going to be like the Ruger Old Army, they just keep going up in price & people will want them more now then before.

I have two, one in caplock, and one in flintlock. I am retro-fitting the flinter for the L&R aftermarket lock. It's too bad they are discontinuing the product, but I also heard that the factory fire really hurt the company's bottom line.

LD

Yes, I understand. The length of pull, even on modern rifles, is an average for the mass market.
The TC Seneca was a smaller rifle that fit youth and women quite well. My wife loves hers.
Neverthless, the TC 'hawken' has become iconic of the ml revolution that really took off in the early 1970s. Red Farris and friends would be thrilled with what has happened. Modern inlines excepted.

TC is starting a production run of nipples this week or next. I didn't ask them about Hawkens being discontinued, but either ebiggs is correct or they're just building up a parts inventory.

The TC service rep voluntarily said the Hawken was discontinued. The Hawken is discontinued or she lied to me.

Most guns are to long in lop for me. I do best with a 12.5" but a 13" lop works well for me unless I'm wearing heavy clothes. Hence my decades late preference for custom built stocks. While I've (basically) never met a gun I didn't like, my passion is the longrifle and long smoothbore.

I have a percussion TC Hawken .50 Dad gave me for Christmas in 1978. It's got the prettiest factory tiger-striped stock I ever saw on a TC. Still shoots just as good as when it was new.

If it's true, I'm going to be very sad. Things change but I will miss them. Lots of people started out with them, me included.
David

Mr. Bumppo said:
The Hawken is discontinued or she lied to me.

I don't know about this case, but I've been given ridiculously incorrect info by reps over the phone more times than I can count. Just sayin'.

that's kind of what i'm starting to wonder about, there is absolutly no indication of them discontinuing production on their website. you'd think they would make a press anouncement about something like that.

I have 2 hawkens and 3 renegades plan to had them down to the kids. I will most likely keep one renegade and one hawken. and a couple barrels. THeir guns from the 90s just before the fire are what I consider their best the one new renegade I bought is by far my favorite but the others with mods or usually just a good cleaning do great. I would buy a 90's hawken in a minute.

Having TC Renegades and Hawkens is like having a set of wrenches. 1/2" 9/16", 5/8"... crescent and box end.
Made in America no nonsense tools.
Except for that QLA thing.

Mr. Bumppo said:
The TC service rep voluntarily said the Hawken was discontinued. The Hawken is discontinued or she lied to me.

I emailed customer service to see if they'd give an answer in writing. A google search produced only this thread, which is starting to be referenced on other forums.

Jumpshot said:
Mr. Bumppo said:
The Hawken is discontinued or she lied to me.

I don't know about this case, but I've been given ridiculously incorrect info by reps over the phone more times than I can count. Just sayin'.

Yes, I can relate to this quote. :shocked2:
That is why I got to be "friends" with a few of the old, now retired, gunsmiths at TC.

Courtesy of another forum member I knew who to ask for. The shop was not at the CS desk.
Once you got antiquated with them they would do a great job trying to make sure you are happy with your gun. First owner or not!
One reason why I recommend you send a repair back, without a phone call, directly to the repair station with a quick note describing your issue.
However, I suppose that option is no longer available since the move and the retirements. :(

yes and the seneca's and cherokees represented the 3/8 1/2 and 7/16 I really hope that craftsman is not next, I get the same warm feeling when I see that word on my tools as I do when I open my gun safe.

Latest posts

Back