• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC Hawken 50 cal 1-48

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief! Keep your muzzle up and check with your rammer now and then.
Hunting with conicals isn't difficult. Hunted for years with a repop P53 Enfield .577 shooting minies. Never had one move. Then again I wasn't swinging the musket around like a baton. Carried her at a " high port arms" position. The lube also helped hold the minie in place. I could even use a ball puller to pull a charge. The bore on that rifle was .577 and the minies .575.

I have hunted deer with a 54 cal with a 1-70 bbl twist with good results. The only conical bbl I have is the 50. I know I could probably get by using the 54, I wanted the added assurance of a heavier bullet with more sectional density and energy. I was going to order a 320 gr Lee real mold for starters , but if there is a better combination I would go with that also.
Thanks again.
This will be a good combo. Just put wonder lube wad over the powder before the ball.

Latest posts

Back