• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Frizzen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume it quit sparking? Re case harden it with kasenite or equivalent. I had to do that several times on my TC hawkin flinter from 1975.

You could try contacting TC themselves.
It is/was a known problem with the early TC frizzen and they where replacing them under the lifetime warranty.

as a drop- in, not really ... you may have to do some tinkering ... bought a T/C Renegade way long ago, and the frizzen conked out... after many attempts to reharden it on my own, I went to a 'smith, who told me that I could solve the problem for ten buck or thirty bucks, so I asked the difference, and he politely explained that he could put some new metal on the T/C frizzen for thirty bucks or sell me a Lyman for ten (remember, this was some years ago) ...the Lyman frizzen worked fine for many years, until I called T/C (pre S&W) and asked if I might purchase a spare frizzen, and ended up sending the lock to them on Monday, and had a new one back Thursday.
so- -short version -- you may have to do a little tinkering ...

some of the replacement locks do look pretty cool, though: they're your overtaxed, God entrusted dollars, so spend them as you see fit!

Make good smoke!

Nope, won't work. You will need to either re-harden it or have it re-soled. I wish I could think of the name of the man who makes his living repairing and tuning locks. He does fine work. You may be able to contact him through The Log Cabin Shop in Lodi, Ohio. I think he was, or is, associated with them in some manner....but I could be wrong. Still, they may be able to put you onto him. Alternatively, you could replace your lock with a superior L&R lock. It is called a "drop in" replacement but actually, it will require a bit of careful "adjusting" of your lock mortise. It is not difficult, just a bit fiddly to get a perfect fit.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that is him. I had forgotten his name, but I am pretty sure that's him.

Back