• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC flintlock set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osroc76

32 Cal
Reaction score
New to the forum. Is there a place to post wanted items? Im looking for a flintlock for a TC hawken that I am putting together.

You have to go to the "forum classifieds" forum, but you need to meet certain requirements like number of posts and time as a member. Check the rules at the top of the classified page. Good luck finding what you need and welcome to the forum.

You have to go to the "forum classifieds" forum, but you need to meet certain requirements like number of posts and time as a member. Check the rules at the top of the classified page. Good luck finding what you need and welcome to the forum.
Thank you

Im guessing you have to meet the requirements before even seeing the forum. Im not seein any classified forums listed in the menu.

Be advised, the L&R replacement lock is not a drop in replacement. It requires some significant wood removal from the lock mortise to accommodate the leaf spring. T/C locks use a coil spring.

Thanks for the information. If I were to do the qood work for an L&R, could I go back to TC if i found one later down the road?

Not certain going back to a T/C lock is an option if you hog out too much wood for the L&R lock. I have an L&R rpl lock, but have yet to install it. Maybe someone who has done the conversion can chime in. I do know from experience that the Investarms flintlock lock, like used on the Lyman series of traditional muzzleloaders, will work in place of a T/C lock. I would consider the Investarms lock an upgrade over the early T/C flintlock with the case hardened colored frizzen.

Some components are interchangeable, but the shape of the TC and Investarm locks are different. You can make it fit, but there will be gaps to fill.
I've done it twice now and only had to remove the slightest of material to get them to work, for me it was at the front of the lock. No gaps or at least not anything larger than a factory fit on a Thompson Center.

Geez, its gettin serious in here! Haha. I like it.
Naa, just an honest discussion.

Would love to photographs.
On lunch break, this is all I have on my phone. My current deer rifle, a T/C renegade that I converted to flintlock, using a TOW breech plug and an Investarms flintlock purchased from eBay. Can take more when I get home if needed.
20200926_181950.jpg
20200926_182009.jpg
20200712_160803.jpg

The first place i read about the investarm dropping into the tc was on this forum before i even joined. Idk for sure, from pictures ive compared online they seem very close. And they also say L&R offers the same lock for early investarms and TC sort of indicating that they are interchangeable. All I know os I need a lock and want to shoot my gun haha

Back