• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC flintlock cock, any replacements fit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I help people on other boards find info and parts if I can . One guy had the cock break on his TC flintlock and needs a replacement. I have owned a TC flintlock back in the day but it is long gone so I am out of the loop.

Are there any TC flintlock cocks available out there or another brand cock that would fit a TC lock correctly?

I dunno about anyone making new cock's for the T\C. I'm sure you know there are replacement locks you can buy. I checked Ebay for T\C but the prices for a factory T\C lock are outrageous (from $150-$300). I think L&R replacement locks are like $150 for percussion and more for a flint.

FWIW

I help people on other boards find info and parts if I can . One guy had the cock break on his TC flintlock and needs a replacement. I have owned a TC flintlock back in the day but it is long gone so I am out of the loop.

Are there any TC flintlock cocks available out there or another brand cock that would fit a TC lock correctly?

Hi Eric,

Try the the Gun Works in Oregon. Suzi has been real helpful in the past for TC parts.

They do list the TC flinter cock/hammer

Thanks,
O.R

Click On
Custom and Production Guns - The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium -

it can probably be TIG welded if a replacement doesn't show up.

I found one by Lyman that required very minimal work to replace frizzen on my TC about 8 years ago. Seems like Buffalo something or another. They also had measures, flints and nipples. The Lyman frizzen made a 20% ignition into a 95% ignition. I suspect the orginal TC frizzen was too hard. They also had many lock parts also for the TC

Eric,
Might want to make sure he specifies new style if that is what he wants. Apparently they have both in stock as it is my understanding that they purchased the remaining TC stock from S & W.. I ordered 2 a few months ago specifying new style and received 1 old and 1 new. Sent the old style back along with pictures of both old and new. Received the corrected one within a week or so.
By the way, the original order was filled by Suzi. That's the reason I sent the pics.

Take care,
Ed

He asked if they had a style newer than the one that broke, they joked with him and said they would send the new style unless he wanted the old style so he could have another one break on him. Gotta' like a vendor with a sense of humor.

I know this thread has kind of run its course, but to save some folks time and trouble. Some new T/C parts are still available from S&W. I have recently placed an order for a sear with S&W for T/C parts at the following number 1-800-331-0852 Ext 4127 If it is not in stock with S&W, for example the fly was out of stock, so they recommended The Gun Works for the fly and other T/C factory parts. Depending on your wants / needs it may be less costly to order from one place as shipping can be quite expensive these days.

Last edited:
Back