• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC drop GM barrel have people gone crazy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt, but generally true when the guy says " I got ...... For 1/2 what you paid.". I have a couple friends that acquire guns and gun related or hunting related stuff at unbelievable prices on a regular basis. I don't know how they find the stuff. It's disturbing to watch them work. More like watching them work someone over. It's the art of the deal and they're always on the hunt for stuff.
it never works for me lol

The oldest trick in the auction business is to have at least one plant.

The price is driven up and if the plant wins, no problem.

When someone views the bids for items they will obtain incorrect values and become poorly informed.

That barrel will surface again.

A "plant" is called a "ringer". That's why you you should never bid if your "poorly informed", and really shouldn't be bidding at all. Those bids are what someone is willing to pay for an item at that given time. Some folks have no problem spending the money and if they feel comfortable with the price, and are happy, Bang, good deal for them. I've got an old translucent "Hen in a Basket" dish that was my grandmothers. The bottom part was broken years ago, but she kept the lid because it meant something to her. I really don't know how much I would be willing to pay to put that bowl back right, but many would think I paid too much.

That's why I use Hammersnipe on ebay. I enter an amount that I feel comfortable with (top price I'm willing to pay) and win 75% of the time. If I decide I don't want to bid, I have the opportunity to cancel my bid up to two minutes before auction.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I took a break from liquidating my own and late friends collections 6 months ago when the number of non paying bidders shot up to like 1 in 3. Can't imagine what its like now.

I don’t think there’s such a thing as a snowplow driver who sits around when there’s no snow, so I would say, going out on a limb a bit, “driving something else for someone else”.
When you can make $18/hr for doing nothing its gonna be hard to get them to work. Things might change when $18 for loaf of bread happen. That assumes they will still be growing wheat then.

Allegedly post World War II Germany required a wheelbarrow of small bills to buy a loaf of bread. Let's pray that doesn't happen here.
That was the post WW One Germany known as the Weimar republic. Inflation got so bad workers were paid twice a day so they could buy food before it went up. Just like today the communists loved it and helped propel the Nazis into power.

That was the post WW One Germany known as the Weimar republic. Inflation got so bad workers were paid twice a day so they could buy food before it went up. Just like today the communists loved it and helped propel the Nazis into power.

Yep, I put too many eyes in my WW I 🤪

Thanks for setting me straight!

I just noticed this on eBay, apparently people have more money than sense.

Green Mountain Thompson Center NOS Black powder Rifle Barrel,50 Cal. Flintlock

Condition:
New

Ended:
Nov 07, 2021 , 5:05PM

Winning bid:
US $453.00
I would not pay that, as I have bought them cheaper; however, the way they shoot makes them worth it to some....

This will be a fun thread to laugh about later as inflation continues to skyrocket. I just read Delaware, I think, has a shortage of snowplow drivers and are now paying $310 per hour to get positions filled. Imagine. $310 per hour. It’s a bit more than more money than sense I fear.
I still carry a CDL… may have to consider a move to Delaware for the winter. My older brother retired from CDOT, he just loved plowing snow and did it for 30 winter.

Back