• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC Cherokee Returns Home

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
38 years ago I spent 40 hours putting together and finishing a TC Cherokee from a kit. I hadn’t been into black powder very long at that time. I shot a couple of Iowa Whitetails and a coyote with it and then sold it to my best friend and hunting companion. He shot several deer with it over the years as well as coyotes and small game. My buddy taught me how to deer hunt and we enjoyed a lifetime of fun together in everything we did. We shot black powder competitions together as well. He even beat me one year at the Iowa Games when he placed second and I placed third. He had borrowed one of my rifles to beat me with! Lol. He recently passed away and left me the Cherokee. So this year I will once again be bringing home the venison in his honor with this rifle. Thank you John for taking such good care of this fine rifle and being my best friend. Greg

Attachments

• EFE41A59-55B4-49E9-AC63-8B11E52E42B5.jpeg
    EFE41A59-55B4-49E9-AC63-8B11E52E42B5.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 108
  • ADE80762-6DD8-4F2E-831D-CE9F89FE4834.jpeg
    ADE80762-6DD8-4F2E-831D-CE9F89FE4834.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
That rifle ended up where it belonged more than once. Sorry for the loss of your friend Greg. As we all know good friends don't come along very often and the loss of one is beyond measure.
If a person is lucky you will have a few really good friends in your lifetime and one good dog. I was blessed to be able to call him my friend. I have countless memories of our hunts and laughs together and will cherish those memories until we meet again someday. The Cherokee will be a constant reminder of our good times. Mighty glad to have it back. Greg

i had the same thing with my swivel breech. I sold it to a friend in the seventy's when money was tight. When he was reaching the end with his cancer battle he gifted it to me.

Back