TC Cherokee barrel

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Dismount

32 Cal
Reaction score
Bought an unfired Cherokee .32 cal. Barrel unfired and it’s not blued . Was told it was a kit and at that time they didn’t come blued. Can’t seem to find Cherokee stocks or locks. Anyone know what the barrel is worth to sell? Has sights ramrod and everything.

deermanok

32 Cal.
Reaction score
You could probably get a few hundred bucks for it but you might want to keep it. Stocks, locks and such come up for sale on Ebay all the time.

Dismount

32 Cal
Reaction score
I might throw it in the closet for now might wait and see if any parts come up

deermanok

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anytime I'm traveling around, I love to stop in pawnshops. About a year and a half ago, I found an unfired CVA mountain pistol.
Paid about 80 bucks for it.
Last month I stopped in one and saw a beautiful set of flintlock dueling pistols in a nice wooden presentation box.
Way too many zeros on the price tag for me but you never know what you might find.

panman

32 Cal
Reaction score
i may have a stock for a Cherokee stock.
i picked up a seneca stock i am shortening so the Cherokee stock will most likey become surplus?

Dismount

32 Cal
Reaction score
Anytime I'm traveling around, I love to stop in pawnshops. About a year and a half ago, I found an unfired CVA mountain pistol.
Paid about 80 bucks for it.
Last month I stopped in one and saw a beautiful set of flintlock dueling pistols in a nice wooden presentation box.
Way too many zeros on the price tag for me but you never know what you might find.
part of the fun

kelljp

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations, I'm constantly in search of cherokees, stocks come up on eBay. But hardware is a little more difficult and pricey to find.

Dismount

32 Cal
Reaction score
Congratulations, I'm constantly in search of cherokees, stocks come up on eBay. But hardware is a little more difficult and pricey to find.
I agree, I will figure a price on it but I can't sell till I make 4 posts

Bassdog1

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Look on the bottom of the barrel and see if there is a stamp on it. Spade, Maltese Cross, Star or M. Post a pic of the barrel I would be interested in one that is unfinished to have browned and put primitive sights on. I have a beautiful extra stock with all the hardware. Bought several NOS Kit barrels over the years but all were factory finished you made a really cool find.

Dismount

32 Cal
Reaction score
Look on the bottom of the barrel and see if there is a stamp on it. Spade, Maltese Cross, Star or M. Post a pic of the barrel I would be interested in one that is unfinished to have browned and put primitive sights on. I have a beautiful extra stock with all the hardware. Bought several NOS Kit barrels over the years but all were factory finished you made a really cool find.
I’ll try to get pics up but all I see is looks like a part of an M a angled v is what it looks like. Nothing else

Bassdog1

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
OK I like the stamped barrels but honestly all of the barrels that I have shot have grouped well. Are the sights already mounted?

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok thank you you might have to tend to me some! Let me know when I mess up
NOT a mess up...,
Some folks look at the subject areas, and some look under "what's new". Some do both. IF they, just as I first did, only look under "what's new", they find your thread but the other percussion folks would miss it, when only looking under Percussion Rifles :thumb:

LD