• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC 50 caliber 1:66:round ball load recommendation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are pretty good looking fired patches from my rifle. I most often patch with heavy canvas (.024") and they can be reused as well.

PICT0523.jpg
Moved up to non-lubed .18 patches and 80 grain FFG, everything started to dial it, thanks for input.

Spit patch, no lube (bore butter, bear grease). I'm thinking the 1:48 barrels are a little more forgiving for people like me. But the 1:66 is touching holes now at 50 yards, just makes loading more of a procedure.

I was going to relate the dramas with.my 36 Seneca, Jemima, but sounds like you've sorted it

K...........Look at your fired patches. You got any cutting? Could be your crown is sharp. I shot 80 Gr. FFFG for years. If you use grease lube, scrape all excess grease from the patch before loading.

Back