• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED TC, 1” IBS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jime444

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Looking for a gently used or new Interchangeable barrel system for a Thompson Center Renegade, 1in octagon barrel. In .40-.54 caliber. Its current .54 bore is pretty rough, someone didn’t clean it after hunting, I assume. The rest of the gun is 95%. Let me know. Cash or trade. Thx.
Jim

You might try coating some patches in valve grinding compound, then loading them so the valve grinding compound is against the barrel when loaded. Shoot several patched round balls through it in this manner and you should be able to clean up the bore. It’s worth a try. It sounds like you have nothing to lose at this point....

Good luck

Sorry, it’s a percussion gun. But I’d take either IBS.
Scrubbed it well with bronze wool, which knocked off the big chunks. I was gonna firelap; but the loose spot about 8 in from muzzle changed my mind! No bulge apparent, just a very loose spot which you can’t miss when loading a patched round ball. Shot a 2in group , 5 shots at 50 yards with open sights which surprised me with its bore condition. Thx. Jim

Not a bad group as is. Or you could send it to Bobby Hoyt and have it freshened or bored out to 52 or 54. That might be as reasonable as buying another barrel.

Back