• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TAYLOR'S & COMPANY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a few parts for a Zouave lock. Some were in stock and shipped promptly, others backordered but they let me know that. No concerns about them and if I need more Italian replica parts, I would not hesitate to inquire with them.

I just ordered 3 springs for the 1842 tarbaby musket. Zero issues. Arrived within a week. Checked the invoice, they filled the order the morning after I ordered the previous night, and mailed the same day. Delay was due to US mail.
Really glad it went smooth for ya. Just got off the phone with them and it would seem that they finally got me fixed up as well even though it was quite a bit longer for me. I have done business with them in the past and it was a good experience then.

3 years ago I ordered and received a 1858 remington and the loading lever was completely stuck. They offer to swap it but there were no more in stock so they refunded me my money. I was happy about that and I had just got one from midway and it was perfect. However it has recently been brought to my attention that midway doesn't do returns on black powder firearms so for that reason I will stick with taylors because we all know it's a crapshoot when dealing with replicas

3 years ago I ordered and received a 1858 remington and the loading lever was completely stuck. They offer to swap it but there were no more in stock so they refunded me my money. I was happy about that and I had just got one from midway and it was perfect. However it has recently been brought to my attention that midway doesn't do returns on black powder firearms so for that reason I will stick with taylors because we all know it's a crapshoot when dealing with replica waiting on a part from Midway, going on 2 weeks now!

3 years ago I ordered and received a 1858 remington and the loading lever was completely stuck. They offer to swap it but there were no more in stock so they refunded me my money. I was happy about that and I had just got one from midway and it was perfect. However it has recently been brought to my attention that midway doesn't do returns on black powder firearms so for that reason I will stick with taylors because we all know it's a crapshoot when dealing with replicas waiting on a part from Midway, going on 2 weeks now!
Been waiting on midway to deliver a part going on 2 weeks now. Not going back for seconds that much is for sure, all that hype about fast shipping is a bunch of cow patties!

Been waiting on midway to deliver a part going on 2 weeks now. Not going back for seconds that much is for sure, all that hype about fast shipping is a bunch of cow patties!
Patience Lad, I order reloading components, scopes etc. from Midway all the time and they almost always get them to me quickly and unbroken. Not sure how it goes w parts or what's up w your order, but If the price is right I wouldn't cut them off too quickly. In spite of the fact that they have let you down a bit on this one, they could be handy in the future. Humans screw up sometimes. To err is human.... SW

10 posts, no credibility.

I hope I have enough posts to have some credibility.

I recently had some trouble with Taylors & Company. I had purchased a new 1858 "Ace" revolver from another company and it showed up with a very serious alignment problem. These are imported by Taylors & Company and the warranty work is covered by them. At first, everything seemed fine when I called and explained my problem, they told that they would send me a return label soon. After a couple of days of no email from them, I called them back and was told things were a little slow. Another two weeks passes and I finally get an email saying... they don't understand my problem and to explain it again :mad:. So I try to call them and explain the problem but all I get from the warranty department is an answering machine. After a week of leaving messages with the warranty department and getting no response, I decide to try a sales rep. The sales rep tells me that the warranty guy is at his desk and available so I should call again to talk to him. So I call the warranty department again and... answering machine 🤬! In the end I gave up and sent the gun back to the vendor for a refund. I did eventually get a return label from them sometime later but I no longer had the gun and no longer cared.

I ordered a cylinder on 1/3/23 . Still waiting on it . Website said it was in stock .I got an email on the 1/11/23 said it was on back order , I'm not impressed with them .

I hope I have enough posts to have some credibility.

I recently had some trouble with Taylors & Company. I had purchased a new 1858 "Ace" revolver from another company and it showed up with a very serious alignment problem. These are imported by Taylors & Company and the warranty work is covered by them. At first, everything seemed fine when I called and explained my problem, they told that they would send me a return label soon. After a couple of days of no email from them, I called them back and was told things were a little slow. Another two weeks passes and I finally get an email saying... they don't understand my problem and to explain it again :mad:. So I try to call them and explain the problem but all I get from the warranty department is an answering machine. After a week of leaving messages with the warranty department and getting no response, I decide to try a sales rep. The sales rep tells me that the warranty guy is at his desk and available so I should call again to talk to him. So I call the warranty department again and... answering machine 🤬! In the end I gave up and sent the gun back to the vendor for a refund. I did eventually get a return label from them sometime later but I no longer had the gun and no longer cared.
I feel your pain, it's a bunch of caca! As for credibility, you and I have just as much as the big mouth that started this thought.

I don't know about the ownership or anything like that, but I am kind of...miffed...with them about my last order. I ordered three parts for my 1851 just to have on hand, all of which showed in stock, but they only shipped two of the items. They didn't bill me for the third item, which is good, but they never bothered to contact me to tell me if the item was back-ordered or not available or what. Now I'll have to call or email them to find out what the deal is.
Best to just call first and ask if they have the part on hand before ordering anything, if they say yes then pull the trigger if not ask for a time frame. They seem like good folks but they don't get in no hurry about anything, and it seems to be getting that way everywhere!

Has anyone had any dealings with Taylor's and Company. Looking at ordering some cap and ball parts from them and was looking for some feed back on the outfit.
Excellent products and service although I don't buy anything unless it's on sale. Bought a conversion cyl. for a rem. new army .44 and was very pleased. I end up buying something every year from T&C and never had an issue!

I have personally never had an issue in purchasing or receiving items ordered from Taylor's & Co. I have only purchased one firearm directly from them, which was on a sale, as I typically find their prices to be much higher than other vendors. But that said, the customer service has always been good and they are great for parts.

Funny you posted that, They just called me and told me my part was ready to ship, I ordered it in January. I guess they are finally catching up
Yeah they are good folks just a little slow sometimes, they do a lot of business and sell a lot of guns plus repair work.

Back