• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TAYLOR'S & COMPANY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taylor's has always tended to be "upper end" of the spectrum of BP guns ordered from the manufacturers. A company can, with sufficient quantities ordered, get a "better" finish, and more attention to detail. So you should get the right part, properly finished, and you may pay a bit more for the part(s).

LD

Taylor's has always tended to be "upper end" of the spectrum of BP guns ordered from the manufacturers. A company can, with sufficient quantities ordered, get a "better" finish, and more attention to detail. So you should get the right part, properly finished, and you may pay a bit more for the part(s).

LD

Thank you Dave

I live near them in VA and think their products and service has been excellent. I had a problem with an 1860 RM Conversion and brought it to them and their gunsmith on staff made it right at no charge.

Taylor's seem to be dragging their feet, I just say this from my own experience lately because I called and was told the Item was available and ordered it. Been day's ago, still no response and the website seems to be just a bit broken as well. (edited)

Last edited:
I don't know about the ownership or anything like that, but I am kind of...miffed...with them about my last order. I ordered three parts for my 1851 just to have on hand, all of which showed in stock, but they only shipped two of the items. They didn't bill me for the third item, which is good, but they never bothered to contact me to tell me if the item was back-ordered or not available or what. Now I'll have to call or email them to find out what the deal is.

Some while back I ordered a part from them and got the wrong part. They replaced it with the part I ordered no problem. That ended up being the wrong part, but since I actually ORDERED the wrong part, I didn't expect much. They refunded my purchase with no restocking fee and no problems of any kind.

They also offer stuff that isn't normally available, like a SAA revolver with the "Army" grip frame. They will tune the action on Uberti guns. They actually answer emails, will chat online with you and if you call, you actually get a real flesh & blood person to talk to.

I have nothing bad to say about them and plan to do business with them again.

Some while back I ordered a part from them and got the wrong part. They replaced it with the part I ordered no problem. That ended up being the wrong part, but since I actually ORDERED the wrong part, I didn't expect much. They refunded my purchase with no restocking fee and no problems of any kind.

They also offer stuff that isn't normally available, like a SAA revolver with the "Army" grip frame. They will tune the action on Uberti guns. They actually answer emails, will chat online with you and if you call, you actually get a real flesh & blood person to talk to.

Thanks

Taylors has a problem with their website showing what is in stock. Call and make sure they actually have your order in stock. They are easy to talk to and very good to deal with. Last year I ordered some parts without checking first. I did get my parts almost a year later.

I don't know about the ownership or anything like that, but I am kind of...miffed...with them about my last order. I ordered three parts for my 1851 just to have on hand, all of which showed in stock, but they only shipped two of the items. They didn't bill me for the third item, which is good, but they never bothered to contact me to tell me if the item was back-ordered or not available or what. Now I'll have to call or email them to find out what the deal is.
Unless you cancel that part, you will eventually get it. It may take a few months but they will not forget about you. That is the way they operate.

Taylors has a problem with their website showing what is in stock. Call and make sure they actually have your order in stock. They are easy to talk to and very good to deal with. Last year I ordered some parts without checking first. I did get my parts almost a year later.
Yea that was my point, a year later is a bit excessive. Glad it worked out for ya.

Wait times may seem excessive, but they are dependent on the factory in Italy, which has several customers and orders from them all, and, thanks to COVID, is still not operating with a full staff...... production will focus on guns, with parts orders in the mix also, but say they order a cylinder for gun X...... The order they placed today, will wait until the next run of gun X.....that could be a couple of months away, then there's the shipping and then the order has to clear customs......it can take a bit.....also, check with VTI Gun Parts as that's what they do, for all the Italian manufacturers.

Wait times may seem excessive, but they are dependent on the factory in Italy, which has several customers and orders from them all, and, thanks to COVID, is still not operating with a full staff...... production will focus on guns, with parts orders in the mix also, but say they order a cylinder for gun X...... The order they placed today, will wait until the next run of gun X.....that could be a couple of months away, then there's the shipping and then the order has to clear customs......it can take a bit.....also, check with VTI Gun Parts as that's what they do, for all the Italian manufacturers.
I agree, the reason I said what I did is because the salesman told me the unit was in stock the day I ordered it and that's been awhile. How long should it take to process a invoice for something that's in stock in VA? I'll check into VTI Gun Parts as well, Thanks.

No real response to salesman, you should have been notified...... probably had one item in the bin, but another order puller got to it before your order was filled.....check with VTI, all Mike does is parts......always had good luck with them

Ditto a good place to business with.

I just ordered 3 springs for the 1842 tarbaby musket. Zero issues. Arrived within a week. Checked the invoice, they filled the order the morning after I ordered the previous night, and mailed the same day. Delay was due to US mail.

Back