• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Target rifle muzzleloader for 4-H shooter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a younger person that might not be that strong, I would consider a TC. Not that heavy, not that expensive and available.

Fleener

Really need to know the rule limitations before any one can provide an appropriate answer. Be as specific as possible. Also helpful will be age & size of the youth and description of the course of fire (offhand, bench, kneeling, prone, "shooting sticks"?). Scope/open sights/peep sights - inlines? etc.

Ran into such things with my son starting out in an NRA YHEC shooting event, had to modify his rifle (.22) the day of the event. Not fun.

Minnesota is 60 grain max. Round patch ball. no conical. Younger shooters like a shorter barrel rifle. Older kids like the heavier rifles. We use .50 and .45. One of the members used my .50 cva mountiaineer rifles and did great. For pistol competition he won with a .50 cva trapper. T/C hawken is also good. At the state shoot I also saw some girls use what I'm think is a traditions .50 deer hunter rifle with a 24 inch barrel.

Back