• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Target Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be prepared to pay through the nose for the Pedersoli underhammer. At least 1K or more.
Yea...nothing is inexpensive anymore but buy once, cry once....besides just like the other shooting sports I have been in the "ammo" ends up costing more than the gun.:cool:

Thanks for your reply but I am a little confused. I thought the Pedersoli Cook Under hammer was allowed to shoot in the traditional replica matches like the Kuchenreuter and I was under the impression the Cook under hammer could be used in other matches except for the Kentucky pistol matches.

Cook has the not allowed saw handle grip. LePage, C.Moore and Kuch. has the allowed plow handle grip. Just the rules, I don`t make them. Some read the rules and show up with a pair of Kentucky style pistols claiming that is the only style allowed.

LePage flintlock, .44 (.433 ball, .010" muslin patch, spit lube, 25gr FFFg Goex) 25 yards. The pistol makes me look good. If I was going custom, I'd probably look at the GunWorks pistols in Springfield, Oregon.

View attachment 70635

And yeah, I have both flint and percussion.
View attachment 70636
I have 4 different Pedersoli pistols that I have used for match shooting and they are okay, but I have an English pistol from the Gun Works in Oregon that just outshoots all of them. I had it built about 25-30 years ago in .40 caliber and heading to a match it's the one I reach for.

I have the Pedersoli Charles Moore in both Flint and Percussion. The percussion is deadly even in my shakey hands. Have won a number of competitions with it.
Fit and finish is great, and comfortable to shoot. 20 gr ffg, prb 440 dia

I have 4 different Pedersoli pistols that I have used for match shooting and they are okay, but I have an English pistol from the Gun Works in Oregon that just outshoots all of them. I had it built about 25-30 years ago in .40 caliber and heading to a match it's the one I reach for.
I agree, here’s mine in 45. Flintleaher B32C3D0C-6AC7-476A-BF43-BCB63D3F16B5.jpeg7CF4ED8D-FFF9-4956-901A-80EF73BEF3C1.jpeg359EEA4A-3B12-43B0-A8CD-7706B42BC165.jpeg

I have a Bondini Le page in .31 cal made in Italy in the early 1970s Bondini business was bought by Chiapas in 1974 and they continue to make them today in .45 cal. Pictures available at Chiapas website. lMHO a much nicer pistol than the Pedersoli, particularly the fluted grips

What sort of match is this? When?...c
Our annual TCGC match in 2015, shot under NMLRA rules. I elected to shoot my flintlock in the open category and pulled this target out of my ass to win the trophy. We’ve been passing that thing around for over 30 years and I’ve gotten my name on it twice now. From my previous win with a percussion LePage.
1617151720714.jpeg
1617151669878.jpeg

Last edited:
Our annual TCGC match in 2015, shot under NMLRA rules. I elected to shoot my flintlock in the open category and pulled this target out of my ass to win the trophy. We’ve been passing that thing around for over 30 years and I’ve gotten my name on it twice now. From my previous win with a percussion LePage.View attachment 71023View attachment 71022
[/QUOTE Ore-gone local shoot. Very nice. Just one 25yd target is the whole match? ...No 50yd?...c

[/QUOTE Ore-gone local shoot. Very nice. Just one 25yd target is the whole match? ...No 50yd?...c

This match was our annual club championship. As I said, they set this thing up 30 some odd years ago and we pretty much try to shoot the same match every year. Keeps the scores on the trophies in perspective. Why did they go with a single 10 shot 25 yd target for the pistol winner? Don't know, probably a time issue as its only a one day shoot and you can only fit in so many categories.

We do have our annual three day shoot next month which includes aggregates and is open to any one who wants to make the drive. Pistol aggregate is usually open, flintlock and timed at 25 yds. Not sure if they're doing 50 yds this year.

This match was our annual club championship. As I said, they set this thing up 30 some odd years ago and we pretty much try to shoot the same match every year. Keeps the scores on the trophies in perspective. Why did they go with a single 10 shot 25 yd target for the pistol winner? Don't know, probably a time issue as its only a one day shoot and you can only fit in so many categories.

We do have our annual three day shoot next month which includes aggregates and is open to any one who wants to make the drive. Pistol aggregate is usually open, flintlock and timed at 25 yds. Not sure if they're doing 50 yds this year.

Sounds like fun. Nice that you have local shoots. I have to shoot out state from middle TN...c

Thanks for your reply but I am a little confused. I thought the Pedersoli Cook Under hammer was allowed to shoot in the traditional replica matches like the Kuchenreuter and I was under the impression the Cook under hammer could be used in other matches except for the Kentucky pistol matches.

As stated in my post. NMLRA rules is what you have to read if those are the matches you are competing. Don`t let the euro types distract you. They have euro rules. Unless you plan to travel to those unfortunate places no need to worry about their rules...c

Back