• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tanner Ball Molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackP

36 Cal.
Reaction score
About 3 wks ago I ordered two ball molds from Ballmoulds.com. They came yesterday. I was very pleased with one but had a problem with the other one.

I emailed them and explained the problem. They emailed me right back and said another mold would be made as quickly as possible, no questions asked.
It don't get any better than that. Great folks, They have got a new customer.

Jack

While I make my own molds and therefore never delt with Tanner, I have heard nothing but good about them for many years from many people. They are a second generation company carrying on a family tradition of quality work at reasonable prices.

Jack do you mind sharing what the problem was?

Sounds like a great company that stands behind their products..
[
Jack do you mind sharing what the problem was?

Sounds like a great company that stands behind their products..

SMO, the problem was that the recess on one half of the mold was bored .010 over size for the boss on the other half that is supposed to line up the two half. This allow the balls to be jimmer jawed making them way over size in one direction.

Again, they are great folks with a great product.
Jack

I have boxes of Tanner moulds and another box full of Mc'Quire moulds both old established English firms still going strong ,Not to sell (they don't eat any grass) and you never know when youle need a particular ball or bullet size 'If I need a particular mould I find makeing a cutter Cherry style and can make up a mould . often used the inexpensive Italion moulds and take them out to my cherry size 58 can be cut to some obsolete BP Bl or 600 for the snider that sort of repurpose .
Rudyard

I’ve always had good service from Tanner molds. Good timely delivery. Allways on spec. Every body goofs sooner or later. Glad they are so quick to fix them too.

Perfect timing for a thread; I have a couple of .54s that have a very tight bores, on one I have to use a .010 patch just to get a .530 ball down and then it is a struggle. I ordered a .526 mold from Tanner to see if a smaller ball and a thicker patch would work in these tight bore guns. I have a Tanner mold for my fowler in .70 ,very well made.

tanner.JPG

Back